Country Discoveries - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-01-2014, 01:45 PM   #15
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Registry
Well, imagine 4 or 5 screens of stuck threads, which is what would happen if there were 50 or 60 of them.

Stickies work when they are very few in number. Three or four in a forum, max.

Look at the Rallies forum index, where you can specify the state/province at the top and it will just pull up those listed with that prefix.

The problems with doing something similar to the Camping/Campout Reports will be how to determine the prefix, what to do about trips that cover more than one area, and possibly how to assign codes retroactively.

I realize you and I are really talking about two different things: I want to impose browsing order on a forum we already use, hoping it will become something similar to what you're after, which is travel descriptions and information organized by location.

Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:53 PM   #16

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallo View Post
.....I hope DonnaD sees this, that lady has the solution to everything!
You give me too much credit. HOWEVER, I think it starts with the Title. If folks would have meaningful titles it helps the readership and makes it easy to search.

Something like:

Oregon, a trip to the coast

or

Arizona, things to do around Sedona

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:45 PM   #17

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Here is a very cool - fairly new magazine that might be just the ticket for what you're looking for!

American Road® Magazine

Kathie

Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:28 PM   #18

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
If folks would have meaningful titles it helps the readership and makes it easy to search.

Something like:

Oregon, a trip to the coast

or

Arizona, things to do around Sedona

Now that would work!
Old 02-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #19

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Mary - I see what you are talking about. Learned something new today about searching in RALLIES with two letter state/province. That would be good. Would have to depend on the writers to separate their experiences by state. Some may not, but nothing is perfect.

Those who remember Country Discoveries, may recall that the travelers wrote mainly about memorable stops, good, small mom and pop restaurants with good home cooking/desserts, stores with unique items not found commercially, annual town festivals (garlic festival) that they stumbled across, or just a pretty area a bit off the beaten path or small town Americana. Stuff that you don't find in AAA Guides or Chamber of Commerce packets. Letters were not lengthy, only describing the one memory, what/why they liked it, and where it was located. Letters were not negative. (That's easy to do with a magazine, but not so much on a forum such as this). But, the people here don't do much trash talking. I hope you, and the members here think it would be worthwhile, interesting, willing to contribute, and worth the effort to add to the forum.

Kathie - The magazine is similar, just more commercial than Country Discoveries. I'll try a subscription for a year and see how it works out. Thanks for the tip!

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 06:28 PM   #20

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallo View Post

Kathie - The magazine is similar, just more commercial than Country Discoveries. I'll try a subscription for a year and see how it works out. Thanks for the tip!
I know what you mean - much more commercial. Look at this one - looks like a reincarnation of Country Discoveries....

Country Magazine — Country Photos, Stories and Friendly Neighbors

Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping