Denison County Park, Ventura County, CA - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2015, 10:14 AM   #1

Name: Matthew
Trailer: Casita
California
Denison County Park, Ventura County, CA

Well, I decided to head back to Ventura County and spend a little more time in the tiny town of Ojai.... I love it there! Found a great little park called Denison County Park that offers dry camping for $21 and had plenty of space on a Saturday night. There is tent camping up the hill from the site I stayed in that does not allow RV's, but the lower area is very RV freindly (especially smaller, FG trailers!), quiet and has lots of shady sites. Really enjoyed my time there and will definitely return. Here's a video I made while I was there..... enjoy!

Old 07-01-2015, 12:50 PM   #2

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloMatt View Post
Well, I decided to head back to Ventura County and spend a little more time in the tiny town of Ojai.... I love it there! Found a great little park called Denison County Park that offers dry camping for $21 and had plenty of space on a Saturday night
$21 for dry camping??? In many places I visited it is full hook-up price (including WiFi).
Old 07-01-2015, 01:41 PM   #3

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokhapkin View Post
$21 for dry camping??? In many places I visited it is full hook-up price (including WiFi).
$21 for dry camping is a fair price in the Golden State. With most state parks at $35 and up for dry camping $21 is a bargain. About all that might be less are some National Forest sites.

Not to mention that Ojai is a very popular destination area and is only a short drive to Ventura, Santa Barbara and the Beaches.

And BTW: Very few, if any, sweltering, high temp/high humidity daze.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:41 PM   #4

Name: Matthew
Trailer: Casita
California
Bob is exactly right. There are plenty of areas where I wouldn't consider $21 a bargain for dry camping, but in most of California, it is. Camping is a bit pricey in these areas but they obviously have their benefits in terms of weather and beauty!

Tags
ventura