Dingman's Campground in the Delaware Water Gap (PA) National Rec Area - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #1

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Dingman's Campground in the Delaware Water Gap (PA) National Rec Area

I went on up to the Poconos over the weekend to check out some wildlife photography opportunities in the area and stayed 2 nights at Dingman's Campground near Dingman's Ferry.

The campground has a really nice location right on the river, and apparently their water and electric hookups are new - about a third or so of the sites have this now. There are lots of no-hookup primitive sites in either woodsy or open-along-the-river settings.

This campground is about 20 miles further north up the river from the KOA that will be hosting the Mid Atlantic rally next month.

I would probably describe the place as a serving of weekend getaway with a side dish of World War I trenches. Oh, the mud! The dirt road through the campground is pretty poorly maintained and we arrived on Friday evening just after some torrential rains. It was a mud pit all weekend.

The bathrooms were kept nicely clean which must have been a challenge for the workers given the nonstop mud. There's only one shower per bathhouse, though, and if you don't make it there before the teenage girl who's taking a 30 minute shower....a little annoying. What, was she getting ready for the prom or something??

Overall it was reasonably quiet, though with the usual couple of campers under the impression that we'd all appreciate them sharing some loud music with us. All the noise stopped at a reasonable evening hour. They've got canoe-kayak rentals as well, I think, and there's a general store with an okay array of stuff.

Overall, a decent place to use as HQ for exploring the area, as long as it hasn't been raining a lot.
Attached Thumbnails
rucio at dingman's campground small.jpg  
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Jen,
Did you ever figure out the issue of the inside looking like a bomb went off and the tire balancing I suggested on your last towing experience? Was this trip better and were your tires balanced?
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 07:50 PM   #3

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
We are currently at the KOA in Westchester, PA, or at least our trailer is. For the next 3 nights, we are at a tech conference and staying in a hotel. Then we go back and join our trailer.

Seems like a nice park. Family too-friendly, if you get my meaning, but space in between you and your neighbor.

Spotless bathrooms. Rates three nights on the Mom-o-meter.Too many kids would get to me after a few nights but the cleanliness of the bathrooms and friendliness of the staff warrants multiple nights.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote