disperse camping photos - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-14-2007, 09:32 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Tom Trostel's Avatar
 
Name: Tom
Trailer: 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Texas
Posts: 1,300
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
We were on an Alaskan cruise. The ship entered the Tracy Arm fjord and traveled about 10 miles inland from the ocean to view the South Sawyer glacier. There were hundreds of passengers on deck watching the wilderness glide by when folks started pointing at a small island to the starboard side. There was a small yellow tent and 2 people standing and looking back at us. No boat. Talk abound boondocking.
Tom Trostel

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?...&p=75853463
__________________

__________________
1980 Bigfoot 17' & former owner of 1973 Compact Jr
Tom Trostel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:10 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft / Chevy Astrovan
Posts: 278
Quote:
We were on an Alaskan cruise. The ship entered the Tracy Arm fjord and traveled about 10 miles inland from the ocean to view the South Sawyer glacier. There were hundreds of passengers on deck watching the wilderness glide by when folks started pointing at a small island to the starboard side. There was a small yellow tent and 2 people standing and looking back at us. No boat. Talk abound boondocking.
Tom Trostel
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?...&p=75853463
I wonder if they had a kayak out of sight on the back side, or got dropped off.
There's nothing quite so wonderful as being smack-dab out in the middidle of nowhere.
__________________

__________________
Connie M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:31 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
bonnie w's Avatar
 
Trailer: 1974 Ventura
Posts: 180
Good Morning Tom Trotsel, I so enjoyed your pics of your cruise. My favorite was somewhere between the desserts and the purple Dahlia's in Butchart Gardens. The quality of your photo's are just incredible. Who would have thunk campers in the middle of nowhere! Thankyou so much for sharing them Tom. A most favorable interlude in the complexities of life.
__________________
bonnie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:22 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Myron Leski's Avatar
 
Name: Myron
Trailer: 19' Escape
NM
Posts: 664
Registry

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cabellas.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	10806


Last month we pulled off I-80 in Nebraska at the Cabella's RV site they maintain beside their big store. Just needed someplace to stop for the night on our way back to Jersey. When the RV campground manager asked what hook-ups we needed our answer was none. She said, well in that case, handing me magnetic key card to their really wonderful shower room/bathroom, there'll be no charge!

On the same trip, this time in Iowa, it was getting dark fast and we had to stop, so when signs for Dexter, Iowa also indicated a camping site we pulled off I-80 to find it. This one wasn't beside the highway, but we got there easy. Again, no hook-ups, rudimentary but decent shower room, only three other rigs there, and we paid $10, I think it was, into a drop box.


Click image for larger version

Name:	Dexter356.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	10807
__________________
Myron Leski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:40 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Rick B's Avatar
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 153
One of my favourites!
Attached Thumbnails
P8030062.JPG  
__________________
Rick B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:29 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Mike Taylor's Avatar
 
Trailer: Hunter Compact II
Posts: 154
One of my favorite spots to get away is in Sequoia National Monument at Parker Meadow. The Trail of 100 Giants sequoia grove is just a few miles away. The dirt road going back to the camp is not marked off the main dirt road and hard to find if not looking. It's one of many fire safe areas that are listed on a free fire safe camping areas map available from the Sequoia Forest ranger stations. Elevation is 6,000ft so it's subject to snow this time of year.
Attached Thumbnails
parker.jpg  
__________________
Mike Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:04 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Byron Kinnaman's Avatar
 
Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Posts: 6,306
Registry
Quote:
One of my favorite spots to get away is in Sequoia National Monument at Parker Meadow. The Trail of 100 Giants sequoia grove is just a few miles away. The dirt road going back to the camp is not marked off the main dirt road and hard to find if not looking. It's one of many fire safe areas that are listed on a free fire safe camping areas map available from the Sequoia Forest ranger stations. Elevation is 6,000ft so it's subject to snow this time of year.

Looks like a neat place.

I'm not sure I know what "fire safe" means. Care to explain?
__________________
Byron & Anne enjoying the everyday Saturday thing.
Byron Kinnaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 07:40 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Mike Taylor's Avatar
 
Trailer: Hunter Compact II
Posts: 154
Quote:
Looks like a neat place.

I'm not sure I know what "fire safe" means. Care to explain?
When the fire danger is high the forest service puts in effect fire restrictions, no campfires outside of developed campgrounds or designated "fire safe" areas. Usually in a dry year it starts around April-May and ends around November or when enough rain has fallen. These areas are posted with signs showing the boundary where it is safe to build a fire. Campfire permits are also required along with a shovel and water to put the fire out. Fire safe areas are usually disperse camping areas with no facilities. Only gas stoves may be used outside of the fire safe areas or campgrounds during fire restrictions. Alway best to check with the ranger station to find out what restrictions apply before camping.
__________________
Mike Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 01:21 PM   #23
Junior Member
 
Trailer: 73 Trillium
Posts: 6
Here is a spot along the shore of Lake Superior. You fall asleep to the sound of the Lake Superior waves.
Attached Thumbnails
out_the_door_of_trailer.JPG   trill_from_superior.JPG  

__________________
Dave N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:24 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Byron Kinnaman's Avatar
 
Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Posts: 6,306
Registry
Quote:
When the fire danger is high the forest service puts in effect fire restrictions, no campfires outside of developed campgrounds or designated "fire safe" areas. Usually in a dry year it starts around April-May and ends around November or when enough rain has fallen. These areas are posted with signs showing the boundary where it is safe to build a fire. Campfire permits are also required along with a shovel and water to put the fire out. Fire safe areas are usually disperse camping areas with no facilities. Only gas stoves may be used outside of the fire safe areas or campgrounds during fire restrictions. Alway best to check with the ranger station to find out what restrictions apply before camping.

As yes, CALFIRE.

Thanks for the reply, I did a quick check on-line check of southern CA National Forests. Sure makes me feel good about living a bit farther north.

__________________
Byron & Anne enjoying the everyday Saturday thing.
Byron Kinnaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:09 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Larry&Carrie's Avatar
 
Name: Larry
Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Washington
Posts: 553
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Just returned last nite from "the last campoit of the year" (at least, I think so....) We went on a late deer hunt in Northern WA. No snow, durn it... Just a lot of rain-- Larry
Attached Thumbnails
SANY0235.JPG   SANY0231.JPG  

__________________
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:35 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Byron Kinnaman's Avatar
 
Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Posts: 6,306
Registry
Quote:
Just returned last nite from "the last campoit of the year" (at least, I think so....) We went on a late deer hunt in Northern WA. No snow, durn it... Just a lot of rain-- Larry
Looks like one cold Carrie..
__________________
Byron & Anne enjoying the everyday Saturday thing.
Byron Kinnaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:16 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Larry&Carrie's Avatar
 
Name: Larry
Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Washington
Posts: 553
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Quote:
Looks like one cold Carrie..
It really wasn't too bad-- around 50 degrees that day... You can be sure if it was colder, she would have been inside befriendling Mr Heater...... Larry
__________________

__________________
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What can you tell from photos in ads? Amy M Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 23 10-31-2009 12:45 PM
MKP photos? Tom Trostel Forum Admin, News & Announcements 1 11-29-2005 09:32 AM
Photos General Chat 0 12-31-1969 07:00 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.