Do you bring your dog to Nat'l Parks? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2009, 10:43 PM   #21

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Escape ('Turtle')
Registry
Though not always the same experience, many National Parks have adjacent National Forest lands and as many of you with dog companions know, dogs are welcome in National Forest areas, on the trails, campgrounds, etc. In our neck of the woods some of the less populated and thus more pleasant places to camp are on National Forest lands, with a view of the nearby National Park wonder, i.e. camping, canoeing at Mt. Adams, with nice views of Mt. St. Helens; or National Forest Lands adjacent to Mt. Rainier, etc. In the past (without a dog now) finding doggy friendly camp sites over the years led me to many wonderful spots in National Forests or on DNR lands.

I know this is off topic of dogs in National Parks, but thought I'd throw it in!

Name:   Image_21_.gif
Views: 14
Size:  2.0 KB

Enjoy our travel photos at: Turtle Travels
Penney H. & Mike E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:52 PM   #22

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Quote:
Planning on hitting several NP this summer. From MN to ND to WY then SD and back home over two weeks time.

I know many of you travel with your pets, but in this case would you leave him behind?
Yes, leave the dogs behind. It's hard to hike in National Parks with your dog on a leash. In addition, some animals can get sick from exposure to dogs and their maladies. Endangered critters.

I like dogs and I really enjoy hiking with dogs. But they don't belong in National Parks.

BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote