Does anyone have any recommendations for rv parks/boondocks around Quebec City this s - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-03-2015, 06:46 AM   #1

Name: Ewa
Trailer: 1974Boler
Ontario
Does anyone have any recommendations for rv parks/boondocks around Quebec City this s

We are planning to Boler camp through New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland as well. Any tips on great Rv stops/boondocks would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
EwaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:00 AM   #2

Name: mona
Trailer: Casita 16'
Wisconsin
Across the river, Levis, is a smaller town and may have camping places available. A ferry will get you to Quebec in a few minutes.
monasimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:22 AM   #3

Name: Claire
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
British Columbia
Registry
We camped across Canada 10 years ago with our two girls and had some fun in Quebec City. We arrived during the Fireworks festival and it was very hard to find a spot. (Thankfully the first campground we went to phoned around for us and found us a spot in an RV site - parking lot style.) That campground was also celebrating Christmas, complete with a parade and decorations. Here is the link to the festival. Reserve if you will be there during that time.

Loto-Québec Fireworks | Special Events | Quebec City and Area

We found that most view points or historical sites on the Gaspe Peninsula charged a fee to view. Cap de Chat has a huge wind turbine site. Really enjoyed the Murdochville mine tour.

We were advised not to camp near Green Gables on PEI as it is to touristy.
Watch quiet times. We stayed in a campground in Cape Breton that had a 1 am quiet time! Ended up at Cape Breton Campground near Baddeck that had private sites with grass and trees - Good Sam. Really enjoyed the Graham Bell Museum.

Also told that the Pier 21 is very fascinating, all on the immigration by boat to Canada.

Oh, and make sure you know the difference between nature and natural or you may find yourself at the gates of a nudist campground!

Have fun. Be prepared for fog and rain.
Island Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:16 AM   #4

Name: Martin
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
We stayed at Fundy National Park last year. Good area for biking, hiking and a reasonable drive to Cape Enrage and the Hopewell Rocks. After that we did a quick one night stop at Sugarloaf Provincial Park which was clean and quiet. In Quebec city we stayed a few nights in a KOA. It's basically a campground next to a highway but was conveniently close to all of the things that we wanted to see in that area.

Raff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:44 PM   #5

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Registry
info

Check My Blog next tuesday you will have some information about this trip.
Robidouxrejean.blogspot.com
Rejean Robidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 04:00 PM   #6

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
In Halifax nothing beats Shubie Park located within city limits. Just a short walk to the bus which takes you all over the city.(including pier21). When we were there there was a bus which picked up and dropped off people at all the major attractions. We didn't touch our car the whole time we were there.
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:03 AM   #7

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB, 2004
Quebec
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by EwaW View Post
We are planning to Boler camp through New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland as well. Any tips on great Rv stops/boondocks would be appreciated.

Exactly this year Bolerama Quebec groups together into a campsite, approx 20 min to the west side from Quebec city.
Bolerama, on September 11-12th and 13th, 2015.
The campsite " Un air d'été ", it is situated in the municipality of " Pont Rouge ".

You can clic on "Contact" in the WEB page of Bolerama, for détails...
Bolerama 2015 - Le coin du campeur

That makes 3 Bolerama that I participate and we are approximately more or less 120 shells.

It is very pleasant to exchange our various experiences.

Usually, free in each to participate, on Saturdays there is open door of caravans, to see the various installations of each, which can guide us for our future renovations.

Have a good day.
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 05:46 AM   #8

Name: Ewa
Trailer: 1974Boler
Ontario
Thank you for the invite

EwaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 12:05 PM   #9

Trailer: Bonair Oxygen 2002
KOA Quebec City

Hi We stayed in 2010 at the Quebec City KOA. It worked well, easy to find. We also took a bus tour from the camp to see the city. What an interesting city.
jean
norman and jean mulloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 03:40 PM   #10

Name: Pierre
Trailer: Sidekick 1500 2014
Quebec
You might consider to camp on Orleans island. Nice place.
Balou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:16 AM   #11

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quebec City: The KOA along Highway 20 just south of the twin bridges is probably your best spot, whether you just spend one night on your way to NS or spend a few days around to visit Quebec City.
If you're staying around for a visit, there are interesting campgrounds on the north side of the river that are good alternatives to the KOA: Stoneham, Beauport and Mt Ste-Anne.

I know you'll be on your way to visit NB, NS and NL, but Quebec City is a destination itself, and if you've never visited the Old City I would certainly recommend at least one full day for a quick tour.

Carl
Quebec City
Carl V is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eco