Dry Camping - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2010, 09:12 AM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Thumbs up Dry Camping

Someone on another forum asked where one would go dry camping. He'd just gotten a new 18' TT and the salesman had told them to use it for dry camping to really have fun. He was located in Colorado.

Just about all of the Nat'l Forest Campgrounds and Nat'l Park Campgrounds would be dry camping, such as Gunnison National Forest Campgrounds and the Great Sand Dunes Nat'l Park.

Or Pike National Forest Campgrounds.

A really neat area we stayed in was Twin Lakes Campgrounds - Independance Pass - Aspen & Leadville Colorado .

I am not familiar with Colorado State Parks, but I believe you can find dry camping in them as well.

My son drove by Mueller State Park and liked it. It has been recommended by many, it is at a high elevation.

Cheyenne Mountain State Park was very new when we were in the area; it has been often recommended by others. But I have not been to it, nor Mueller.

Then there is real Boondocking or Dispersed Camping Clicky not in campgrounds.
Boondocking in CO

** Boondocking/Dispersed Camping NM-AZ **

You can find places to dry camp at this SITE in Colorado as well.
Such as Lizard Head Pass - US Forest Service.

We spent a few days in the Telluride area of Colorado, camping at a National Forest Campground on the Dolores River. It must have been West Dolores Campground. San Juan National Forest

Later, On our way to Creede from the north via Hwy 149, we stayed over night at Silver Thread Campground along the Rio Grande. Camping in A very lovely area.
Creed Area Camping

More Dry Camping Places Northern NM & CO
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote