Edisto Island State Park SC - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2008, 08:20 PM   #1

Trailer: 1993 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe (a true 'Dream House'!)
Wink

Edisto Island SC is one of my favorite beaches. The island has not been over-commercialized; no hotels, no scooter rentals. There is a grocery store, a few restaurants, and a few shops. There are beach houses you can rent but I'd rather camp!

The State Park has about 2 miles of beach, an "Interpretive Center" (nature center) and two campgrounds. One is right on the beach. I have never camped there. It fills up quickly and many sites are not shady, but it is nice nevertheless. The other campground is about a mile from the beach nestled in a live oak forest. I have camped there several times over the last 20 years. I was pleasantly surprised on this trip to find a big, new bath house. The campground was clean, calm and very pleasant. The rangers were friendly and helpful. The sites were adequate-to-large and almost all had some vegetation buffer between sites.
Attached Thumbnails
img_0130__Custom_.jpg  
Lorene W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:22 PM   #2

It was a great place to drink coffee, watch birds and just hang out between beach walks.
Attached Thumbnails
img_0022__Custom_.jpg  
Old 07-08-2008, 08:26 PM   #3

The birding was pretty good, too. In this tidal stream near the park, were a Wood Stork, Great Blue Heron, Snowy Egret, and two Great Egrets.
Attached Thumbnails
tidal_stream_birds__Custom_.jpg  
Old 07-09-2008, 06:17 AM   #4

Trailer: 2004 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe / 2000 4Runner Lmtd
I've not been to Edisto Island State Park, but have been to Hunting Island State Park right outside Beaufort, SC. I found it to be a great destination and really enjoyed my stay there--so much that I've decided to go back again this year. Your pictures above remind me of the wonderful scenery and nature I saw at Hunting Isle.

SS
sherri s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:46 AM   #5

Trailer: 1983 Scamp 13 ft Standard
Those pictures really reinforce my feelings about how lucky I am to be living in such a wonderful part of the country.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:28 PM   #6

Name: Tyler
Trailer: 72 Cloud
Wisconsin
Registry
I sure do love that coffee cup (the blue one) a friend of mine just gave me a set of two because she thought the camper looked like mine. I also love Edisto Island I used to go there every summer with my cousin when I was a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorene W View Post
It was a great place to drink coffee, watch birds and just hang out between beach walks.
EddyEd is offline   Reply With Quote