Eeeeeeeee Mathew go home - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-08-2016, 02:33 PM   #15
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Originally Posted by stude View Post
: I have a problem with a Neighbour who has 8-9 150' Firs in his back yard on a very small city lot when big winds blow scares the hell out of us, our home would be crushed, I offered to take the two closest trees down and he will not budge.
I mean they are nice trees and give us great shade in the summer months but!
If you lived in North Vancouver it would not matter if the neighbour actually did not like the trees either. It would be illegal for him to remove them from his property without first having the district arborist or one on their approved arborists lists confirm they are damaged and/or a danger. More often than not that does not happen. Best compromise the property owner might get from the District is permission to have them spiralled pruned.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 04:55 PM   #16
Name: K C
Trailer: 1980 18' Sunrader Motorhome and 1971 Trails West CampMite Campster
Well it certainly is making big mess of things over a large area. Absolutely not a good week for camping in that area but it likely sent a lot of people from there off on in their RVs on trips to elsewhere. It is nice to have a "bug out" option other than motels.

k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 08:18 PM   #17
Name: Al
Trailer: Scamp
North Carolina
Northeastern NC checking in here. Lots of flooding and some power outages. My sister in law's parents had to be evacuated from their retirement condo in Tarboro earlier today. Fortunately, my brother has room for them. My mother's caregiver and her kiids will be staying in a shelter for at least the next several days as the river won't crest until Tuesday. Not as bad as the flooding from Floyd but still pretty rough for many.
Al & Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 02:55 PM   #18
Name: RB
Trailer: 1992 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Here in the proud little city of Charlottesville we had a little rain on Saturday (less than an inch) and a little wind on Sunday (highest recorded wind was 23 gusting to 34). We also had a 12 hour power outage on Saturday and a 20 hour power outage on Sunday. As far as I can tell, the Sunday outage length was entirely due to stripping our area for line crews to work in other areas. You're welcome.

We'll have worse this winter. The power utility didn't do any line maintenance in our (heavily wooded) area this summer and it shows. They're doing a great job of maximizing shareholder value. Customer value...not so much. I burnt about 5 gallons of generator fuel keeping the fridges and freezers cold and the lights on.

We're looking at taking our RV solar experience to the house and putting in several hundred watts of PV, a battery bank, and a big inverter...

steelypip is offline   Reply With Quote