Escape to the wildflowers! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2009, 12:07 PM   #1

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Escape ('Turtle')
Registry
Took our first week long trip (8 days) in our Escape, 'Turtle'. As those of you in the NW know, last week was a fabulous week of sunshine everywhere, we only had rain one day. We went to the Klickitat River Canyon, to the Soda Springs Wildlife area and were the only ones in the camp area where we stayed. We also traveled to the Tieton River Canyon west of Yakima. Too much on road traveling, should have stayed in one place, but after 4 years of no vacations due to my health challenges I think we were making up for lost time and took in as much as we could of the pine and oak forests we love east of the Cascade Mts. LOTS of wild flowers, especially in the Klickitat area, a part of Washington that is not over run with visitors. We have driven through it many times when camping at Mt. Adams or on the Columbia Gorge but always wanted to camp there. We will definitely go back.

If you would like to see photos and read a bit of our whole trip you can visit our Travels with Turtle web site, put up to share photos with my 88 yr. old Mom while on the road.

We loved our cozy Escape. First day we lost the vent top to the bathroom vent (somewhere!). I fabricated one from a plastic "posted" sign bought at a hardware store and some tuck tape, fortunately we never had to travel with it on with so many sunny days. A few other little trailer breaks and adjustments, all minor compared to the pleasure of snuggling in on cold nights and the fun of trying everything out - outside shower, inside shower, etc.

We saw two forlorn looking fiberglass trailers, one just north of Satus pass on highway 97. It was tucked in under a roof next to a house and didn't look like it was used much, maybe for storage, think it was an older Boler. Can't remember where the other was, it was definitely 'out to pasture'. Also saw an adorable one in La Wis Wis campground off highway 12, would love to know whose it was - cute blue striped awning, older trailer, window box on front window, no one home, couldn't see a brand name.

Penney

PS Most the wild flower photos from this trip are on the Klickitat page of our Turtle web site, some on the Tieton page. If you like looking at wildflower pics you can also check out my main web site Life In The Woods which has wild flowers on many pages, including Alpine flowers.

Enjoy our travel photos at: Turtle Travels
Penney H. & Mike E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 17 ft Escape B / RAV4 (19 ft74 13 ft Boler for sale)
Penney,
Glad you enjoyed your first trip with Turtle.
I checked out your webpage..great photos!! Especially liked the frog, and the flags hanging in the corners (or should I say rounds) of Turtle's cozy bed.
Deb

Deb H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:00 AM   #3

Trailer: none as of yet
what a wonderful trip you had... I love the wildflowers pictures you took too. Hope you have a many great camping trips!!
Christine P is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape