Favorite Boondocking/fishing spots - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-30-2017, 11:15 AM   #15

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2015 Casita 17SD
Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Mark View Post
Yep my brother goes to Okeechobee every yr in Feb/March and catch crappie.
My dad was an avid crappie guy. The place we're going is SW of the big lake.

DeBreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 01:13 PM   #16

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
ocean front

well I am not prepared to pay ocean front rent so I will be an inland guy I suppose. I bet the walmarts don't allow camping near it either oh well! I just found out don't plan on boondocking in Branson.

big ticket

bob

Old 12-04-2017, 04:48 PM   #17

Name: Bob
Trailer: Parkliner
Georgia
Most National Forests allow "dispersed camping" (i.e. boondocking) anywhere that's not posted otherwise. But outside of designated, planned (usually fee) camping areas, you're often talking about just a place here and there to fit a small trailer. The NF in north GA has at least one stream-side area specifically designated as "dispersed camping" with lantern hooks, and fire rings, I think, but the road in is a little tough; sites would be fine for anything on this board, if you got in there.
Also in GA, Wildlife Management Areas also often have designated camping areas, with room enough to put a bunch of hunters or fishers; the fishing used to require an additional license on WMAs (may still for places designated Public Fishing Areas), and the camping is free, though self-contained. Your state may have something similar available.
Thinking about options I know of around here, I'd want to scout things out before just setting out, but that can be half the fun.
Good luck.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:22 PM   #18

Name: None
Trailer: None
None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Mark View Post
Wow, BWCA is on my bucket list and actually thinking of going next summer. Didn't realize it has become crowded.
They have redone their reservation system and have limited entry and the daily permits .The last time we went there on a fishing trip we had the misfortune of camping near a bunch of drunken 20 somethings.
I do not want to discourage you from experiencing the BWCA , it's just that what we went there for ( Solitude) was getting harder to find.

Tags
boondocking