Fiberglass daycare - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-22-2019, 03:30 PM   #15

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19; 1977 Trillium 1300
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
I’d be afraid one of the terrible drivers around here would hit it. And of course many of them have no insurance. The town I live in would likely tag it and eventually tow it. They are pretty patient but eventually it would have to go.

I have friends living in a neighborhood where not only can you NOT park on the street, you can’t park overnight in your own driveway! God bless HOAs...

Old 05-22-2019, 03:39 PM   #16

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
I have friends living in a neighborhood where not only can you NOT park on the street, you can’t park overnight in your own driveway! God bless HOAs...
I don't think I'd use the word 'bless' there... one of those other things "God" supposedly does seems more appropriate.

John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 04:19 PM   #17

Name: Jon
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
There is a FamCamp on the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, which means you should be able to get your RV there pretty easily. I would have no problems leaving a travel trailer on a base while I ran into town.
JonRaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 05:50 PM   #18

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
I’d be afraid one of the terrible drivers around here would hit it. And of course many of them have no insurance.

I don't get this. In BC you have a tag on your plate. You get the tag when you buy the basic required insurance. Police can easily spot drivers without insurance because the tag won't be up to date. Drive without insurance, you'll get a license suspension and a hefty fine.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:37 AM   #19

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
And in MB they did away with plate stickers. Now police just have to plug in plate on their computer and they know if registered and insured. With our government insurance you buy registration and insurance together.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 11:10 AM   #20

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
better one....

this is in BC....a friend of mine was driving down a road one day...went by a cop car going to other way..... sees the cop tuning around in his rearview mirror.....lights come on, he pulls over....
Good looking lady cop (he says) comes up to his window and says: "Hi, are you Mr "Smith"....Yes, M'am I am he says...to which she replies: Your driver's license is expired!...(big fine).....Imagine that....she had a plate recognition camera/software in her car that read front plates, identified the registered owner and cross checked owner's driver license status...!!!! He couldn't believe it...and it did cost him several hundred dollars.....Ain't technology great???
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 02:05 PM   #21

Name: Ed
Trailer: Escape 21
Colorado
The Cheyenne Mountain State Park has a very large parking area for day use horse trailers. The daily admission is $7.
I would tell the gate attendant what you would like to do.
They would likely not have a problem with you dropping your trailer for a few hours.
Failing that, they have a nice visitors center parking lot.

CO Springs is a nice town. Lots of traffic, but besides that very nice.
Ed Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 03:14 PM   #22

Name: Ed
Trailer: Escape 21
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franswa View Post
Good looking lady cop ...and it did cost him several hundred dollars..
He probably shouldn’t have said that he thought she had a nice butt.
Ed Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 04:02 PM   #23

Nevada
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franswa View Post
this is in BC....a friend of mine was driving down a road one day...went by a cop car going to other way..... sees the cop tuning around in his rearview mirror.....lights come on, he pulls over....
Good looking lady cop (he says) comes up to his window and says: "Hi, are you Mr "Smith"....Yes, M'am I am he says...to which she replies: Your driver's license is expired!...(big fine).....Imagine that....she had a plate recognition camera/software in her car that read front plates, identified the registered owner and cross checked owner's driver license status...!!!! He couldn't believe it...and it did cost him several hundred dollars.....Ain't technology great???
We need that technology here in the here in the states! I live near ‘Vegas. Half the drivers are drunk and the other half don’t have licenses or insurance!
egfasdsdsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:02 PM   #24

Name: Playdog
Trailer: Casita
North Carolina
Call Sunview trailer park maybe they could rent you a day spot. (719) 576-0728
Playdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:37 AM   #25

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
I wonder if some gas stations might allow you to park for a few hours for a fee. They could keep an eye on it as the station is always staffed and there are many people who go in and out.

Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote