Free Camping at Wineries, Farms & Special Places - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2016, 05:28 PM   #1

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Free Camping at Wineries, Farms & Special Places

Let me preface my comments by saying I get no compensation whatsoever from Harvest Hosts. I just want to share a resource that provides a terrific camping experience.

We just renewed our annual subscription to Harvest Hosts (I gave a membership to my DH for Father's Day last year) because we have had terrific camping experiences at wineries, here in California. Harvest Hosts has updated their website and on the home page they have a terrific video that explains the benefits of free camping with hosts at wineries, farms (how about an alpaca farm?) and other special places. With a nominal yearly fee you can camp for free on the grounds of some amazing places with some amazing hosts. As long as your camper is self-contained and you patronize your host you are good to go all over the U.S. www.HarvestHosts.com
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 01:00 PM   #2

Name: Chuck
Trailer: Scamp 16 Deluxe
Washington
This looks like fun! Not your run-of-the-mill RV park.

Just a couple questions:

How many other RV's might be at one of these Hosts at the same time we're there?

How much in advance do you find you need to book a visit?

Thanks for the tip!

chuck
beardrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:26 PM   #3

Name: Peg
Trailer: 2016 -13' Scamp
Massachusetts
We just returned from five weeks on the road and camped at one museum and two wineries, compliments of the Harvest Host program. We were the only campers at all three venues - the RV Hall of Fame in Indiana, a winery in Ohio, and a winery in western New York. All three places were fun, scenic, educational, and comfortable. I highly recommend the program.

We booked from between 2 months in advance to one day ahead of of stay. No problems at all with either.
herons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 09:53 AM   #4

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
We try to give the hosts one week to a month notice. We were the only campers in the middle of the week in the Lodi and Paso Robles areas of California. Hint: These are lesser known, but terrific, wine regions of the state. You will not find Harvest Host locations in the better known Napa and Sonoma wine regions but you can find campgrounds or (usually expensive) B & Bs and hotels there.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote