Gerry & Robin are ready to head north; FL to MA - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #15

Name: Gerry
Trailer: 17' Casita FD
Massachusetts
Steve, we are loving the floor plan for two people. The large dinette is a permanent bed (with upgraded mattress). We would not want to set up/take down a bed daily. I think it was on the morning of day 3 I said to myself "There is something not right here. This is way too comfortable to be camping." I was having a coffee looking out the large window over the side dinette at the wet pop-up and tents from the rain during the night. And here I was, high, dry, and toasty warm...and with no worries of packing things up wet. Of course this is coming from a tent camper/backpacker of many years. This fg travel trailer experience isnt too hard to take!
Oh, more info related to your question; the POs gave us 3 nice baskets that fit on the ledge under the table, and in the corner behind the chair against the bathroom wall; this adds a lot of convenient accessible storage.
-Gerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M K View Post
Very nice trip log, great pictures. Are you liking that floor plan with the two chairs? That is one we are looking at for some extended camping trips. Seems to give you a little more open floor.

Steve

Old 03-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #16

Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Florida
Beautiful photos! You'll have to be sure and send some to Bob and Judy so they can see what fun and adventures their little Casita is having.

Melissa

Old 03-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #17

Massachusetts
And we're home! 333.7 miles today. The snow is all gone here; just piles of gravel remain from my plowing when the ground wasn't frozen. So now I need to get the rakes out and clean up the lawn. I didn't really take any photos worth posting today. We enjoyed some rural PA before hitting the highway. That was really nice....but then as we hit NJ and NY into CT (and on a Friday during rush hour no less) we ran into the 20+ mile stop and go traffic on the highway. Man, I could never do that on a daily basis. I don't know how people do it. It seems we always hit it when coming back to New England from points south. We were just happy not to get rear ended.
Our poor Casita is bug blasted after 1756.1 mile from FL to MA though. I guess tomorrow is bug scrubbing day, then maybe we'll post another photo. -Gerry
Old 03-23-2012, 10:41 PM   #18

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We have been in the Ashfield area many times, Mary has two sisters that formerly lived in Greenfield. Great looking trailer, and awesome photos. You should have stopped at Jekyll Island GA if you came out of Florida on 95. We're heading down there in a week, with a stop on the way in Marion NC to pan for gold. Any camping plans for the northeast area this year?
Old 03-24-2012, 07:29 AM   #19

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Snow??, we didn't get enough here all winter for me to get my tractor out and plow it !! You should consider coming up I 87, the NY Thruway, then over to the Mass Pike or into Pittsfield and home to avoid all that NJ & NY City area traffic. When we go south, we do 87 down to 84, then over to 81 in PA, then 77 in VA to 26 in Columbia SC out to 95. Would love to see your trailer someday, looks like what we would like to move up to for spending winters in at some southern campgrounds.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:50 AM   #20

Massachusetts
We would have come up 87, then on to route 9 headed our way...except that I had left a car at the airport parking in Suffield, CT. Robin drove to FL, I flew. We actually started to talk about that route, then remembered the car. I'm glad we didn't forget about it.
When you're ready to start looking and want to see one in person just get in touch and we'll set something up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Snow??, we didn't get enough here all winter for me to get my tractor out and plow it !! You should consider coming up I 87, the NY Thruway, then over to the Mass Pike or into Pittsfield and home to avoid all that NJ & NY City area traffic. When we go south, we do 87 down to 84, then over to 81 in PA, then 77 in VA to 26 in Columbia SC out to 95. Would love to see your trailer someday, looks like what we would like to move up to for spending winters in at some southern campgrounds.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #21

Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
Registry
gerry---nice photos ...and i am glad you had a fun trip home. one question--did the wine glass rack come with your casita or did you add it? and are the glasses glass or plastic? did they ever fall out? oh.....so many important questions!!
Old 03-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #22

Massachusetts
Hi Theresa!
Thanks! The rack was there, I think the PO added it. We bought the acrylic glasses at camping world. Had to have 'em for the long ride home! There is no way they will fall out, it's a snug fit. A worthy addition, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
gerry---nice photos ...and i am glad you had a fun trip home. one question--did the wine glass rack come with your casita or did you add it? and are the glasses glass or plastic? did they ever fall out? oh.....so many important questions!!
Old 03-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #23

Massachusetts
OK, so the party is over. I mentioned the bugs we accumulated on the trip. Here's a visual.

They did NOT just wipe off like some of you talk about after using the RMP or Zep #3. It took us 4 hours of scrubbing, both of us working to get it clean. Some of those bug stains were in there! But now it's clean.

Initially I was planning on using a wax the first time, but after reading the whole RMP/Zep thread yet again, I think I'll give it a go. I hate reapplying wax every few months. I'll see what Robin thinks. Now it's clean and dry and in the shop. Later this week I'll put something on it.