Get out and CAMP! Who's chillaxin' this weekend? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2014, 10:21 AM   #41

Name: Linda
Trailer: compact jr
New York
Thompson's Lake Upstate NY

First trip this year
Attached Thumbnails
photo(7).JPG  
raddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:42 PM   #42

Name: Curtis
Trailer: Trillium 5500
Quebec
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1400622106.724983.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	71261
First trip!!! Black Donald Lake, Ontario
Barrett family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:06 AM   #43

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Well Carl, our ParkLiner is 550 miles away, so while we have a trailer, we're in a condo on the Outer Banks, so no trailer either. We'll be home probably Memorial Day.

What are you gonna get for a new trailer Carl? That Lil Snoozy could not have been very old!

Frank
Next time bring the camper, Frank. Site P61 at the National Park Service campground in Frisco (five miles south of the Hatteras Lighthouse) beats any condo on the Outer Banks. Hope you enjoy your visit with us.

Al
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:10 AM   #44

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al & Cindy K View Post
Next time bring the camper, Frank. Site P61 at the National Park Service campground in Frisco (five miles south of the Hatteras Lighthouse) beats any condo on the Outer Banks. Hope you enjoy your visit with us.

Al
Are you there this week? We'll come down & say Hi!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:24 PM   #45

Name: Jon
Trailer: Burro
Oregon
Here's home for a few days. Across from the pool, clean and a neat solar shade cover over the trailers. Who needs Disneyland?

A few others had left for the day before we pulled in to join the group.
NEWFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 05:31 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Are you there this week? We'll come down & say Hi!

Frank
My apologies for the delayed response but our daughter is getting married today and its been a busy week to say the least! Sorry to have missed you folks; if you get back this way, please give us a head up.

Al & Cindy Killebrew
Old 05-25-2014, 06:04 AM   #47

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al & Cindy K View Post
My apologies for the delayed response but our daughter is getting married today and its been a busy week to say the least! Sorry to have missed you folks; if you get back this way, please give us a head up.

Al & Cindy Killebrew
No problem folks, congrats to daughter!

We left Kitty Hawk at 7:40 yesterday morning, arriving home at 8:10 last night. Long trip, but good to be home. There is a more than reasonable chance we'll drag 006 down there next year. Actually I hope to drag it down to Gibsonville in late July for some warranty work that was originally scheduled for last week, but I'm out of vacation time, so it will be delivered one weekend, picked up the next!

Enjoy,

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-25-2014, 09:52 AM   #48

Name: Richard
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
We got back last Monday from 4 days in Gettysburg and Hershey. Got there and our campground had flooded out. Gettysburg KOA had 2 spots left, one of which was very small, we were told. The Casita fit just fine

Rick and Jessica
kb1flr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:34 AM   #49

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot 13'
Oregon
Registry
first trip this season

We got back Thursday from our first trip this year. It was a lovely time on the Oregon Coast at Harris Beach State Park, Brookings, OR.

Got to practice hills and corners going and coming home. We had a few showers on the way down but it was dry and sunny the rest of the time. It's a lovely park with wonderful beach vistas and close to town for the things you forgot.

The ground was still wet in my site but my daughter was tenting next to me and that site wasn't too bad.
Attached Thumbnails
25_DSCN0895.jpg   25_DSCN0914.jpg  

MsRubyLu-Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:56 PM   #50

We're heading out to the NC mountains tomorrow after work for four days at Horse Cove CG in Nantahala National Forest. Looking forward to some cooler temps and the sounds of a mountain stream.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:07 PM   #51

Name: Jon
Trailer: Burro
Oregon
Just got home! Came across the Golden Gate bridge yesterday after a spin through Fishermans Warf. Stayed in the Redwods last night at Giant Redwood Rv park. After Anahiem RV, Santa Maria KOA and Salinas KOA it was the first REAL campground without asphalt! Good to be home and can't wait to get back out this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
20140526_114709.jpg  
NEWFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:59 PM   #52

Name: Susie
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy #151 - sold in 2018
Arizona
Registry
May camping trips

We took two recent trips in the Snoozy; both to Goose Point Camp Ground on Lake Philpott, VA; one trip for three days before Memorial Day weekend and the other for four days after Memorial Day Weekend. Loop C is the only way to go IMO, but everyone else has the same idea, so it is tricky getting a site on the lake. The place is heavenly.... SPACIOUS, clean sites with beautiful views, some up high overlooking the lake and others close enough to the water to toss a fishing line in from your picnic table. The second time I towed the trailer and DH towed the boat, and today when we left, I BACKED the boat trailer down the ramp to load the boat for the first time! Baby steps... Both trips we met some really nice fellow campers. What I find so interesting is that we all have such different ideas about what we need to bring with us. The couple beside us were there for 10 days, so they truly needed more than we did for four days, but check this out: they had two fridges, a separate freezer, an ice maker, three easy ups, more chairs and tables than I could keep up with, two dogs, three t.v.'s, buckets of firewood, all kinds of tech gadgets, and a bunch of plastic tubs containing lights strings and goodness knows what else. Our site looked positively sparse next the them. But we both had fun and shared a watermelon one night and that is what is important.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:55 PM   #53

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Susie, I enjoyed your post so much. Philpott Lake is one of my favorites in the summertime. I do not attempt to go on a Holiday there because I know how crowded it can get. Yes the sites are awesome and so is sharing watermelon.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:43 AM   #54

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Susie, I'm constantly amazed at the amount of stuff that people bring along. It wears me out just thinking about packing all that stuff up to go camping and then unpacking it all when I get home. Geez, we've gone on two month long trip s with way less stuff than your neighbors had! To each his/her own I guess!
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:45 PM   #55

Name: Gage
Trailer: 13' Burro
California
Went to a Vintage Trailer Rally a couple of weeks ago. Had a great time. If you would like to see pictures, just follow the link. https://plus.google.com/photos/11033...82671614923921

gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:58 PM   #56

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by gage View Post
Went to a Vintage Trailer Rally a couple of weeks ago. Had a great time. If you would like to see pictures, just follow the link. https://plus.google.com/photos/11033...82671614923921

Boy oh boy, looks like a great time! Such that I could live in sunny CA. Also, lots of neat cars and trucks TVs too. I particularly liked the shot with the fellow in the kilt. I'll be kilted up tonight for a St. Andrew's Society dinner here.

Thanks for sharing!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-30-2014, 04:00 PM   #57

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Oh, Wow! Looks like so much fun!!! Those sweet vintage trailers make me drool with envy. Great pictures BTW - love the way you've processed them. Your Burro is adorable too.
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:05 PM   #58

Name: Melanie
Trailer: Lil Snoozy "Marigold"
Alabama
Susie - good to hear from you. Next week Lee and I (remember how we stopped by and toured your Snoozy last year?) are heading out for a bit of an extended trip. We are hauling a china cabinet to our son in Alabama in the Snoozy (using it as a cargo hauler) and will stay the first night at the Holiday Inn in Asheville (I am not looking forward to that - I am spoiled by my own bed in the Snoozy and no fear of bedbugs). But the cabinet takes up the whole Snoozy, so we have to descend to the level of a regular hotel for one night. Then we head over the mountains to Huntsville AL and will stay with our son's family for several days. Now that we have the Snoozy, my DH and I sleep out in Marigold rather than move the grandchildren out of their room - we like it and enjoy the privacy. We park right in their front yard and hook up to their water and electricity. We did this once last fall right after getting the Snoozy and several of their neighbors came over for a tour. Then the real fun begins - we are spending several days at the Twin Oaks Campground in Elko, GA and plan to tour the historical sites in the area (especially the Andersonville Prison Memorial). Then on to Columbia, GA to the Jellystone RV Park at River Bottom (Swansea, SC) to meet up with another son and family to tour the Columbia Zoo. Our whole trip will be about 12 days. Very adventurous for DH and myself (and our little dog Charlie).
Melanie B in NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:15 PM   #59

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Well, if getting up at 2:45 AM and hooking up your Burro in 4" of cold, running water to evacuate fits your idea of "chillaxin' " then I got to do it for real about two weeks ago near Winchester, VA. I made it out safely and have now gotten it all dried out in its safe storage area here in town. I hope to try again in a couple of weeks (with less water, if all goes right!)

The deciding factor that made me buy my Burro was to use at this facility for the various skirmishes. Of course I wasn't planning on getting a houseboat, but it looks like that was a very real possibility. I'm hoping for better weather this next time.

Froggie
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:27 PM   #60

Name: Susie
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy #151 - sold in 2018
Arizona
Registry
vintage

Gage, how lucky you are to get to go to that vintage rally. They always look like so much fun, but at the same time, looks like those vintage glamping rallies involve lugging a bunch of accessories along with them to set the scene. Oh well, I sure would like to go to one sometime. Thanks for posting.

Melanie, of course I remember you! Good to hear from you as well. Sounds like you really are putting Marigold to good use! Have a wonderful trip!