Get out and CAMP! Who's chillaxin' this weekend? - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-30-2014, 05:00 PM   #57

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Oh, Wow! Looks like so much fun!!! Those sweet vintage trailers make me drool with envy. Great pictures BTW - love the way you've processed them. Your Burro is adorable too.

Old 05-30-2014, 06:05 PM   #58

Name: Melanie
Trailer: Lil Snoozy "Marigold"
Alabama
Susie - good to hear from you. Next week Lee and I (remember how we stopped by and toured your Snoozy last year?) are heading out for a bit of an extended trip. We are hauling a china cabinet to our son in Alabama in the Snoozy (using it as a cargo hauler) and will stay the first night at the Holiday Inn in Asheville (I am not looking forward to that - I am spoiled by my own bed in the Snoozy and no fear of bedbugs). But the cabinet takes up the whole Snoozy, so we have to descend to the level of a regular hotel for one night. Then we head over the mountains to Huntsville AL and will stay with our son's family for several days. Now that we have the Snoozy, my DH and I sleep out in Marigold rather than move the grandchildren out of their room - we like it and enjoy the privacy. We park right in their front yard and hook up to their water and electricity. We did this once last fall right after getting the Snoozy and several of their neighbors came over for a tour. Then the real fun begins - we are spending several days at the Twin Oaks Campground in Elko, GA and plan to tour the historical sites in the area (especially the Andersonville Prison Memorial). Then on to Columbia, GA to the Jellystone RV Park at River Bottom (Swansea, SC) to meet up with another son and family to tour the Columbia Zoo. Our whole trip will be about 12 days. Very adventurous for DH and myself (and our little dog Charlie).

Old 05-30-2014, 08:15 PM   #59

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Well, if getting up at 2:45 AM and hooking up your Burro in 4" of cold, running water to evacuate fits your idea of "chillaxin' " then I got to do it for real about two weeks ago near Winchester, VA. I made it out safely and have now gotten it all dried out in its safe storage area here in town. I hope to try again in a couple of weeks (with less water, if all goes right!)

The deciding factor that made me buy my Burro was to use at this facility for the various skirmishes. Of course I wasn't planning on getting a houseboat, but it looks like that was a very real possibility. I'm hoping for better weather this next time.

Froggie
Old 05-30-2014, 08:27 PM   #60

Name: Susie
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy #151
North Carolina
Registry
vintage

Gage, how lucky you are to get to go to that vintage rally. They always look like so much fun, but at the same time, looks like those vintage glamping rallies involve lugging a bunch of accessories along with them to set the scene. Oh well, I sure would like to go to one sometime. Thanks for posting.

Melanie, of course I remember you! Good to hear from you as well. Sounds like you really are putting Marigold to good use! Have a wonderful trip!
Old 05-30-2014, 10:23 PM   #61

Name: Diane
Trailer: u-haul ct13
Virginia
Gage, thank you for the pictures! I am so glad you had a chance to go to the rally, what fun! Your Burro is my Number one Favorite! You did such a great job on it.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:29 AM   #62

Name: Al
Trailer: Scamp
North Carolina
Just returned from four days in the Smokies - Overnighted at Mt Pisgah on the Parkway going up and then three full days in Nantahala NF at Horse Cove. We had the entire upper section of the campground to ourselves. Large sites, most with great privacy and this one backed up to a small creek with a mini water fall just behind the camper.

Old 06-02-2014, 03:47 PM   #63

Name: Diane
Trailer: u-haul ct13
Virginia
This Looks like heaven to me...was this site in the National forest Horse cove? How wonderful.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:56 PM   #64

Name: Melanie
Trailer: Lil Snoozy "Marigold"
Alabama
What is the name of the campground? Apparently there are several quiet campgrounds in the area.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:19 PM   #65

Name: Al
Trailer: Scamp
North Carolina
Diane & Melanie, Thanks for your comments.

Horse Cove is a small, rustic USFS campground in Nantahala National Forest. Its about ten miles from Robbinsville, NC and just outside the Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest. Its an older facility with limited amenities but we think it's one of the prettiest settings in the Smokies.