Get out and CAMP! Who's chillaxin' this weekend? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2014, 03:15 PM   #21

Name: Jon
Trailer: Burro
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Gayle View Post
I left Friday afternoon for my first trip of the year. I am leaving Tupelo, MS today and will be spending the week in Grayton Beach State Park and St Andrew State Park in Florida....
Sounds like a great time. Take and post pics for us worker bee's punching the time clock!
NEWFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:53 PM   #22

Name: Letitia
Trailer: 2011 Eggcamper
Florida
Registry
We got to relax at Long Pine Key this weekend. Just steps away from the ocean.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
2011 Eggcamper #106
Letitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:06 PM   #23

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letitia View Post
We got to relax at Long Pine Key this weekend. Just steps away from the ocean.
Thank you for the new screen saver. That spot looks like one of the top 10 in my book.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:16 PM   #24

Name: Nate
Trailer: 1981 Casita 13. TV: 2011 Honda CR-V
Wisconsin
Registry
Spent the weekend in Hartman Creek State Park near Waupaca, WI. I had a mountain bike race in nearby Iola today, so it was close to that.

Wife got some time to decorate "Taco" with some dot stickers. Something to make it a little cuter for the rest of the year! (Planning a body-off rebuild after this camping year is complete)

View from our campsite looking onto the lake:
Attached Thumbnails
Camping.jpg  
Nate R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:40 PM   #25

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Nate, that's a really pretty pretty view. And Letitia, you are also a lucky lady with such a sight right out your doorway. Loved the photos.

My first camping trip will be this Thursday.. group camping with friends on the west side of Michigan. After the winter and pseudo-spring we've had, I can really use a camping weekend!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #26

Oregon
Okay....who has plans this weekend to get some "away" time knocked out in your egg?

After I was stranded in the store parking lot last weekend while getting some supplies and towed into work, I installed a new flex plate in the tow rig and am now planning on disappearing Friday night for some RNR returning mid day Saturday. My Mother-in-law is coming Thursday ( big BBQ) and my wife has a girls dinner party scheduled at our house Friday night with girl pedicures and a chauffeured wine tour through several wineries on Saturday. Sounds like a good time to take the dogs out for an over night hike and spontaneous camp trip ....right?
Old 05-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #27

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Our VT is packed and ready to head out Friday morning for Turkey Run State Park in west central Indiana. The forecast is for rain on Friday, but we have a great screen room and cover that keeps us dry. We will spend 2 nights there before coming home on Sunday. This is the maiden voyage for us camping with our 2 munchkin cats (they have short legs!). There are about 10 other fiberglass units also planning to be at Turkey Run, so it should be a fun time.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:13 PM   #28

Name: Philip
Trailer: Escape 13 /Hyundai Santa Fe
British Columbia
Registry
I'm going to the trailer for some "camping" on Monday. Finally good weather. 5 more sleeps then I'm there. I'm not actually pulling the trailer anywhere. We have it at one of those campgrounds where you pay by the year (definitely the smallest trailer in the place). We live in the city so driving out there is the getaway. Of course we can pull it out for a trip any time we want and will do so this summer for exploring.
Meanwhile, any time in the trailer, sitting still or not, is quality time
Old 05-07-2014, 02:23 PM   #29

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves99 View Post
any time in the trailer, sitting still or not, is quality time
Amen
Old 05-14-2014, 07:23 PM   #30

Name: Curtis
Trailer: Trillium 5500
Quebec
I'm pulling out the trillium for the maiden voyage of the season! Black donald tent and trailer park in calabogie Ontario! Starting with a long weekend. Be there Friday till Monday. Time to shake off the cobwebs! Sooo friggan excited.
Barrett family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:57 PM   #31

Name: Louise
Trailer: Scamp
Florida
Registry
Every day Floydd, my little Scamp, is getting outfitted with something that I think I'll be needing for my 5 month odyssey up north. I'm very happy with the 100W folding solar panels I recently added to collection of "must have"...
So, I thought Colletion State Park, in SC was going to be my first stop, but I'm now thinking I'll leave a couple of days sooner and stop about halfway to there at Clinch St. Park here in FL. Besides shortening my travel to a do-able 3.5 hours both to it and then to SC, I'll also get to spend some time at a beach campground here in FL.
From SC I'll spend a week in Kanawha Forest in WV and hook up with an old friend and do some hiking and check out Mountain Stage in Charleston. When I leave there I'm planning on doing some genealogy snooping up in NW PA…I'm hoping to get up to Acadia National Park by mid July with stops in NY, NH along the way. On the way back I'll visit with friends in the Bershires then spend a month or so with my kids on Long Island…When school starts I'll then head for one of my favorite campgrounds, Lewis Mt in Shenandoah for a couple of days and then on down to visit friends in TN…It's gonna be a long strange trip…but one that I'm so anxious to start
fiddlesticksfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:25 PM   #32

Oregon
Loaded up and headed out tomorrow for a 2500 mile trip with 4 others in vintage cars/trailers. We are all converging on Disneyland from 4 states. Here's our set up for the trip and a pic of 2 of the couples on top of Salmon pass meeting from MT and ID.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:44 PM   #33

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I did, I did! Camped at Maryhill with about 25 other all molded towables. Chuck took this picture as I was leaving. The last trip with the Scamp. The next campout will be in my new Escape 5er!
Attached Thumbnails
Maryhill-02.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:22 PM   #34

Name: Clayton
Trailer: 1975 Trillium
Alberta
Registry
Camped at Little Elbow, Kananaskis Country, Alberta this weekend. Still cold out in the mountains (notice the snow around the campsite). Was good to get out for the first time of the season though!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Little Elbow.JPG  
Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:23 PM   #35

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Waaaaaa..................no trailer........

But we still got out and went down to Florida
last week. Two days down, three days there,
and two days back.

Today was chiropractor day after all that.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:49 PM   #36

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Just got back from a six day trip. We looked at our calendar and saw that we had no appointments or obligations for the week and said "let's go!"

Here we are at the Washington Pass on the North Cascades highway on our way home:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0705 edit 1.jpg  
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:51 PM   #37

Oregon
I'm not getting any sleep waiting to leave in a few hours....to excited to hit the road!
Old 05-20-2014, 07:00 AM   #38

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlkeigley View Post
Waaaaaa..................no trailer........

But we still got out and went down to Florida
last week. Two days down, three days there,
and two days back.

Today was chiropractor day after all that.
Well Carl, our ParkLiner is 550 miles away, so while we have a trailer, we're in a condo on the Outer Banks, so no trailer either. We'll be home probably Memorial Day.

What are you gonna get for a new trailer Carl? That Lil Snoozy could not have been very old!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:02 AM   #39

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreengirl View Post
Just got back from a six day trip. We looked at our calendar and saw that we had no appointments or obligations for the week and said "let's go!"

Here we are at the Washington Pass on the North Cascades highway on our way home:
Boy, do I ever miss WA. Got my graduate degree at Wazzu (was there when Mt. St. Helens blew). I love those mountains! Enjoy!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:49 AM   #40

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Well Carl, our ParkLiner is 550 miles away, so while we have a trailer, we're in a condo on the Outer Banks, so no trailer either. We'll be home probably Memorial Day.

What are you gonna get for a new trailer Carl? That Lil Snoozy could not have been very old!

Frank
Yeah, our Snoozy was one year near to the day and we sold it.
I'm questioning Snoozy about one with three twin beds.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote