Glamping in the LA Area - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2015, 11:01 PM   #1

Name: Claire
Trailer: Scamp
Oregon
Glamping in the LA Area

Hi friends!

We finally purchased our first trailer! A 1986 13ft Scamp that we are so in love with! We are taking her on her first trip next month to LA. We have a small apparel & accessories brand that we will be popping up with for an event in the downtown LA area. We've been searching & searching for the right accommodations for our Scamp & are not having much luck. We want to be within 30 minutes of the location but don't really want to pay over $50 to glamp. All we need are coin-op showers & some sort of restrooms. Any seasoned glampers out there have any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

-Claire
ClaireWolfson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:40 AM   #2

Name: Gage
Trailer: 13' Burro
California
Boy that might be tough. $50 and within 30 minutes of down town. Do you need elec. I’ll do some looking around for you beings how I’ve lived in the area for over 70 years.
gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:40 AM   #3

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
It's hard to find a parking place within 30 minutes of downtown L.A. for $50.... and I don't know of any state, federal or county sites that fit that description at all.

Seriously, many spots at the campgrounds are already reserved for the next 4-6 months and about all that may be left are spaces in existing mobile home parks that rent to overnighters.

I'd hit reserveamerica.com and take what you can get and ignore the prices.

BTW: When you say "within 30 minutes of downtown LA" that equates to about 10 miles between 6am and 10 am, plan accordingly.

BTW: Did you check the tire dates on your recent purchase? For that trip, if any are over 5 y.o. it,s time for new tires before you go.... no matter how "Good" they look, and don't forget to have wheel bearings checked at the same time.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 12:50 PM   #4

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Well, this does not sound like a "guy" type event so I don't know if this will help but some show promoters do allow overnight stays in the parking lot at the venue. I've seen show exhibitors staying at boat and sportsmen's shows as well as dog shows. A call to the show promoter or venue host might help. Best of luck.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:09 PM   #5

Name: Claire
Trailer: Scamp
Oregon
Thanks guys! I got a great recommendation from someone in the area. We made reservations, no problem at East Shore Rv Park Home Page It's 35 minutes from our event & $48/night. + 10% discount with AAA. Happy campers! Cheers!
ClaireWolfson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:12 PM   #6

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
That's a decent location, but no where near 30 minutes from downtown LA. I used to live just off the 57 near there, figure 60 minutes + to downtown. Been there & done that many, many times.
Good Luck
Routing from Oregon: I-5 South (boring) to I-210 East (just past Santa Clarita) to 57 south.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:53 PM   #7

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Front Bedroom
If you are a member of the Elks there is a lodge with RV parking/hookups about 30 minutes out. If I remember right about $20 - $25 per night.
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:41 PM   #8

Name: Gage
Trailer: 13' Burro
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireWolfson View Post
Thanks guys! I got a great recommendation from someone in the area. We made reservations, no problem at East Shore Rv Park Home Page It's 35 minutes from our event & $48/night. + 10% discount with AAA. Happy campers! Cheers!
Aw, that's one of the places I was going to mention but let you know it was a little further than 30 minutes out of LA. Even though mapping says 35 minutes' drive time, count on at least 1 hour.
gage is offline   Reply With Quote