Golden Shore RV Resort - Downtown Long Beach camping! - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-30-2015, 11:43 AM   #1
Member
 
SoloMatt's Avatar
 
Name: Matthew
Trailer: Casita
California
Posts: 76
Golden Shore RV Resort - Downtown Long Beach camping!

Hey everyone!

Well... I'm back in LA County now doing some business and found myself a nice little campsite in downtown Long Beach. Definitely a stark contrast to the boondocking and forest camping I've been doing but a really clean, well kept and centrally located campground.... great place to get some work done.

Here's the vid!

__________________

SoloMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 12:12 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Bob Miller's Avatar
 
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Posts: 7,912
Looks nice, but why don't you add in what the fees are so those interested will know.
__________________

__________________
Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 12:41 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Kevin K's Avatar
 
Name: Kevin K
Trailer: 17' Casita
Mpls,Minnesota
Posts: 3,052
Registry
Welcome - Golden Shore RV Resort
__________________
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 01:23 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Bob Miller's Avatar
 
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Posts: 7,912
Link sez $55-68/ night. That's not bad for the area, but they were dated March 2013.
__________________
Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 01:38 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
Posts: 254
Registry
It went by real fast at about 1:50 when showing the sign for Westin hotel, etc. but he said he paid $45 a night.
__________________
Scamper Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 02:00 PM   #6
Member
 
SoloMatt's Avatar
 
Name: Matthew
Trailer: Casita
California
Posts: 76
Yeah, I actually did mention my rate, which was based on the weekly rate divided by 7. At one point I considered putting the rates in the video descriptions but I've noticed that, especially at private rv parks, the rates fluctuate greatly so I thought it might just confuse people!

In any case, I paid about 330 or so for the week and I found it to be worth it! I'd return.

Thanks for checking out the video!
__________________
TinyRV.Life
SoloMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:53 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Posts: 594
Registry
$45 seems like a pretty good deal for all of the amenities you get there and for the convenience of the location. What we find when traveling is that we like to stay in the USFS, BLM, state, county and NP campgrounds as much as possible but every once in awhile splurge a little on a full service private enterprise RV park. It's nice to stop occasionally at a place like this to get caught up on laundry, emails, grocery shopping, sight seeing, etc. We'd consider this a very fancy RV park! You do always get a better deal if you stay a week although we rarely take advantage of that fact, liking more rustic camping for the most part. Thanks for showing this side of the RV experience, Matt.
__________________
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:01 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Name: Julie
Trailer: Scamp 13'
Indiana
Posts: 29
Great video & looks like a wonderful place to spend a week! Thanks for all the info.
Noticed the awning you have for an egg camper. Could you share where you got the awning?
__________________
Julie N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:04 AM   #9
Member
 
Name: Tap
Trailer: 2015 17' Casita SD
Florida
Posts: 89
Nice video. Thanx Matt.
__________________
TappyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:15 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 2004 Casita Liberty 17
British Columbia
Posts: 1,351
That looks great for a city top up, thanks for sharing.
__________________
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:55 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Name: Pat
Trailer: Escape 2013 19 ft
California
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloMatt View Post
Hey everyone!

Well... I'm back in LA County now doing some business and found myself a nice little campsite in downtown Long Beach. Definitely a stark contrast to the boondocking and forest camping I've been doing but a really clean, well kept and centrally located campground.... great place to get some work done.

Here's the vid!

__________________
LindaandPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 12:19 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
WendyW's Avatar
 
Name: Wendy
Trailer: Casita
Minnesota
Posts: 114
Thanks, Matt! What a huge change from the expected! And what an interesting prospect, when taking a break from boondocking, to stay in the middle of a city rather than the outskirts.

WendyW
__________________
WendyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 12:33 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Posts: 974
Registry
for comparison....

Victoria BC.....Fort Victoria RV Park....hundreds of sites....264/week...all services...only downside is WiFi won't work for for Youtube or any other video downloads like news sites

interestingly being close to the freeway there is always SOME highway/traffic noise....thought that would be a drawback at first but it actually drowns out all other noise (in this parked close together situation) so it actually makes the place "quieter" at night than it otherwise would be....yeah, I know sounds strange but that's the way it seems/feels

been here 5 weeks...got somebody in hospital down here......(my fun time, escape into the bush, play thing has turned into my "house" for a while)
__________________
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:24 AM   #14
Member
 
SoloMatt's Avatar
 
Name: Matthew
Trailer: Casita
California
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreengirl View Post
$45 seems like a pretty good deal for all of the amenities you get there and for the convenience of the location. What we find when traveling is that we like to stay in the USFS, BLM, state, county and NP campgrounds as much as possible but every once in awhile splurge a little on a full service private enterprise RV park. It's nice to stop occasionally at a place like this to get caught up on laundry, emails, grocery shopping, sight seeing, etc. We'd consider this a very fancy RV park! You do always get a better deal if you stay a week although we rarely take advantage of that fact, liking more rustic camping for the most part. Thanks for showing this side of the RV experience, Matt.
That's pretty much my philosophy, as well. Always nice to find a centrally located, well appointed park to get work done and get caught up on chores. Not to mention, most of the state parks around here are at least $45 and even more if there are hookups!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie N View Post
Great video & looks like a wonderful place to spend a week! Thanks for all the info.
Noticed the awning you have for an egg camper. Could you share where you got the awning?
Hi Julie! Thanks for checking out the vid! My awning is a Fiamma F45 s, which is what Casita uses for their factory installed awnings. I love it! It's super easy to setup/take down and provides welcome shade in the california heat. Just gotta be careful in the wind, as it can be damaged more easily than I'd like.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TappyGee View Post
Nice video. Thanx Matt.
Thanks, TappyGee!



Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaigirl View Post
That looks great for a city top up, thanks for sharing.
That's the perfect term for what it is... a great city top up! Thanks for checking out the vid!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Franswa View Post
Victoria BC.....Fort Victoria RV Park....hundreds of sites....264/week...all services...only downside is WiFi won't work for for Youtube or any other video downloads like news sites

interestingly being close to the freeway there is always SOME highway/traffic noise....thought that would be a drawback at first but it actually drowns out all other noise (in this parked close together situation) so it actually makes the place "quieter" at night than it otherwise would be....yeah, I know sounds strange but that's the way it seems/feels

been here 5 weeks...got somebody in hospital down here......(my fun time, escape into the bush, play thing has turned into my "house" for a while)
I totally get what you're saying about the traffic noise, there's a park on the beach near Oxnard that is known to have party people around but the sound of the ocean combined with the sound of the traffic passing by on Hwy 1 provides just the right amount of white noise to drown that out. Sorry you have someone in the hospital but glad you found yourself a nice little accomodation to be nearby and still feel at home!
__________________

__________________
TinyRV.Life
SoloMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
16' Scamp Fiberglass Trailer - $2700 (san jose downtown) Kevin K Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers 6 04-04-2011 07:49 PM
Tall chief resort, Fall city WA near Seattle edward van ruyven Camping, Campout Reports 0 08-19-2010 05:34 PM
Golden Age or Golden Access passport BAMA & Pachyderm Posse General Chat 2 03-03-2010 07:29 PM
RV Resort Memberships christineb General Chat 7 05-10-2009 08:07 AM
Fernwood Resort, Big Sur? Bobbie Mayer Camping, Campout Reports 0 02-07-2009 08:55 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.