Grand Canyon, AZ - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-14-2009, 09:59 AM   #15
Trailer: 16 Scamp, 17 Casita, 21Bigfoot now
Brings back memories of our 2006 trip. Gee that looks like the same campsite but didn't take any pictures of it. We loved it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00431__Medium_.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	24273

Chris Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #16
Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Wonderful posting, Chris - thanx for sharing all your neat experiences and great pics. We loved Mather and plan to go back ... and we LOVE our Sr. discount rate, too!
Take care, L 'n D

“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions.” A. Einstein
David & Leslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:56 PM   #17
Name: Chris
Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Thank you all for the kind words. I had such a great time there that I just had to share some of it. Raya, I have had the window cover on the back of my Scamp for about 15 years already (my 17th anniversary with it is the end of the month). Some of the stickers have been on there for that amount of time too, the others get changed as needed. The window covers sure help keep the sunlight out and saves the curtains, and lots more privacy at night, and makes a great window awning when propped open. Chris
Chris L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:53 AM   #18
Name: Adrian
Trailer: Lance 1985~'Casita de Campo' ~23' 4"~Dinette Slide Previously: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette, Front Bath
New Mexico

For an excellent report and photos. It looks like it was the same campground my daughter & her husband tent camped at a year ago (March). The Big Horned Sheep you saw were really neat. Makes me want to go back again and camp there. Thanks.

DesertHawk- Las Cruces, NM USA
2015 Lance 1985 ~ Casita de Campo ~23' 4"
~Previously ~ 2005 16' Scamp
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:37 PM   #19
Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
We stayed in Trailer Village on Labor Day weekend two years ago and really had a great time. Our 9yo thinks the big Park Buffet at Trailer Village is one of the best restaurants he's ever eaten in. Go figure!

The Canyon has a spell it casts on you and it will draw you back many times once you go. Back in the early 80's and 90's I led many groups down in the interior and we covered just about all the trails and approved camping areas in the "big ditch." After seeing Chris post on his Canyon adventure I'm gettin the itch again.

Nice trip report Chris.
Scamp Owners International
2005 Escape 17-B
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:37 AM   #20
Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
Our 9yo thinks the big Park Buffet at Trailer Village is one of the best restaurants he's ever eaten in. Go figure!
Our kids (much older) liked the buffet too! For the free wifi... I was surprised as hell when I saw swordfish on the menu!

If there's enough interest, Mather would be one heck of a place to have a National Egg Meet some year!
Attached Thumbnails
stone.jpg   tower.jpg  

Time K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:31 AM   #21
Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Here are some pics of my treat on the rim trails.........big horn sheep. I have never seen one in person, let alone 5 of them. They were pretty preoccupied with eating at the time.
That middle pic of the sheep is beautiful! There's no denying where those guys are! Thanks so much for sharing your trip -

Mary F Fiberglass Rules!
FGRV Forum Custom Search
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:48 AM   #22
Name: Barbara
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Hi there

We also just returned from the Canyon last week. I was needing to reunite with my Trillium after purchase 2 years earlier in San Diego. After pulling from storage, my buddy from Williams pulled it over to his place and we drove from Houston to pick er up! (Also dropping off a little car I am restoring.)

This met all my needs as I was able to show my 86 year old mom the Canyon - one of the reasons I went fiberglass in the first place.

Even though we did not camp there I would like to recommend Williams and it's campgrounds as a good spot if you are crowded out of Paark grounds - or for a rally. You are just under an hour from the Canyon and at the gateway - Grand Canyon train ride available. We fell for Williams (the side of town near train station on route 66). Williams is walkable with great food, some shops, groceries and just enough to not be overdone.

This is not really roughing it in the wild but at some point the Canyon campgrounds will be overpopulated again.

There is a KOA and another in town at Williams, Kaibab National Forest and Cocnino National Forest too.

And a drive down to Oak Creek Canyon to Sedona is a definite must see - another very easy day trip.

My 2 cents.

Will post pics of trailer, etc. soon.

sadie10023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:31 PM   #23
Name: Aidan
Trailer: 2001 Bigfoot 21' (25B21RB)
Nice Pics!

"Cruzita" [XPLORAZ] 1997 Land Cruiser FZJ80
"Yowie" [BSH-APE] 2001 Bigfoot 21'
"Eggspedition" [EGG-PED] 1996 Casita 17'
SITES- Forum - Gallery - Blog - Facebook
Aids10 is offline   Reply With Quote