Has Anyone Camped at Temperance Near Duluth MN? - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
Name: Barry
Trailer: 1993 13 ft Scamp
We heard from a 3rd party that Temperance (sp) campsite was a nice place to camp. Just wondering if anyone here has camped that & what were your thoughts? Thanks

barryra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:35 PM   #2
Name: Joe
Trailer: Scamp 16 - floor plan #4
Originally Posted by barryra View Post
We heard from a 3rd party that Temperance (sp) campsite was a nice place to camp. Just wondering if anyone here has camped that & what were your thoughts? Thanks
Hi, Barry,

I've camped at Temperance River State Park several times, although always as a tenter - our last trip there was actually the last time we camped before we got the trailer, so I can't say much about the electrical sites (there are 18 of them according to their website, which is at Temperance River State Park: Minnesota DNR), but the lakeside sites have an amazing view of Lake Superior, and there are a lot of short hikes throughout the park, and it's on the North Shore, so it's gorgeous. One person's idea of a nice place to camp may not be like the next person's, but we like it a lot.

Joe in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:18 PM   #3
Name: Karalyn
Trailer: Eggless for now but looking. currently own Amerilite 21 ft
I am in Mn but never been there. Looks nice!
Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
I was there about 3 years ago, in August. Drove in and got lucky... picked up the last available campsite (mid afternoon). It was wonderful. I could walk a trail from the campground to the river and then up along the river, with great waterfall views. There's Superior shoreline right there too. I took a bunch of pictures, including teens jumping (maybe 20 feet down?) off a cliff into a deep spot in the river. I want to stay there again next time I go back to the north shore. Definitely would recommend.
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven... --Ecclesiastes 3
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote