Have You Used HipCamp?? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2019, 09:47 AM   #1

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Hunter I
Oregon
Have You Used HipCamp??

I just happened upon a website called Hip Camp that is like Air BNB for camping spots. Where people let you come camp on their property. Think Air BNB meets Recreation.gov.

So far, I'm impressed with the website. I find it much easier to navigate than Recreation.gov (still love you though!) and well organized. It quizzed me on some of my favorite places to go, and what I like to do, and what my must haves are (fire pit, toilets, hookups, table, etc.), and there are quality pictures of each location I considered.

Have any of you used it before?

I sent an email late last night to a potential host, then I'll be booking a weekend. If you want, I could post updates?

HipCamp.com
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_2019-02-05-07-52-25.jpg  
Jellykean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:28 PM   #2

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
hip camp

Sounds like a great concept, updates would be appreciated. I am a little concerned about Airbnb. The thought of staying in someone else's house with them maybe present or not is not comfortable for us . I do realize it is quite acceptable to many and is a viable way to go. Staying on someone's property with them there or not seems o.k. Lee and Norma
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:41 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Senn View Post
Sounds like a great concept, updates would be appreciated. I am a little concerned about Airbnb. The thought of staying in someone else's house with them maybe present or not is not comfortable for us . I do realize it is quite acceptable to many and is a viable way to go. Staying on someone's property with them there or not seems o.k. Lee and Norma
My wife uses Airbnb for travels. You don't always know what you are gojng to get, so you have to read the fine print and reviews, but she has had good results. We just stayed in one in San Diego that was a converted detached garage. Very nicely done in a great neighborhood. Not cheap but a lot less than a comparable hotel.

The idea using the same concept for RV parking is appealing.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 02:03 PM   #4

Name: Ellen
Trailer: Escape
Washington
I am interested in updates, please post your review!
Thanks!
Happy Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:53 PM   #5

Name: Eoin
Trailer: 1983 Westfalia
California
Would love to hear how your stay went!

Hi Kelly!

Glad you found Hipcamp and are keen to check it out. I would love to hear how your stay goes - eoin@hipcamp.com

By the way, we also have a little feature for RV owners to be able to search across Hipcamps, State and Federal parks for "electricity", "sewage" and filter by RV length. Am always keen to hear feedback on what else we could include to make the website better for people.

Enjoy your trip!
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 5.43.58 PM.png  
mceoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:17 AM   #6

Name: Bob
Trailer: Bigfoot 17G
Oregon
This seems as if it could open up some interesting possibilities BUT

I just did a bit of checking around my area (OR coast) and things look pretty darned expensive. ex $50/night with no hookups except, possibly, an extension cord run from a barn.
bobblangley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:27 AM   #7

Name: Dan
Trailer: Airstream
Rhode Island
Great idea...

That’s a great concept. My wife and I live in a seaside wedding town and we currently rent out our 23ft airstream on our property. The guests have full reign and privacy of the airstream and we stay in our house. It’s been a hit and we’ve been booked solid during the summer months. So I can see myself using this app with my airstream when traveling. Please keep us updated on your experience 😉
Mx468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:41 AM   #8

Name: Helen
Trailer: Westerner
Virginia
Helen Bong

Just tegistered but having trouble logging in to sites
Helen Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote