Help me plan my trip ~ UPDATE - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-28-2005, 11:06 PM   #71

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
OK, The fulltimers will nod knowingly and get a snicker out of some of these.

When you can't go out and play, you trash the inside of your egg. Yeah, sure, everyone posts pictures of thier babies when in show condition.. this is what it looks like after living in it for almost two weeks.. both with and without dogs.

The Kitchen. I have reached the point of not fussing to get everything clean the second it gets dirty (Looks like it is about time to do something about it tho )

I do not fill my tank when only setting up for a day.. and this trip I have mostly been stopped for less than 24 hours. With this rain, It is also easy to sneak out to the faucet and fill my little two gallon jug than to stand out and fill the tank and mess with hose clean up etc. (There is a pump on the bottle.. works really well)
Attached Thumbnails
messy.jpg  

Old 12-28-2005, 11:15 PM   #72

West Coast USA
Registry
This is where I "Live" most of the time. I am still nicking someones bandwidth. There are houses directly across the Rogue River from me, and apts. I am sure I am on one of thems unsecured network.

I swear, this is the first time I have ever hijacked bandwidth. I feel so... evil!

Anyway, note the nice drips on my windows that are turning to ice at the moment. I may be stuck here tomorrow too. This park is turning into a lost souls haven for me.. this would be time # 2 I was stranded here for mother natures wrath.

Maybe it's paybacks for hijacking wireless signal?

Note the lovely and elegant foil tapediverting rainwater. (It's outside too, the inside was just an "In Case)
Attached Thumbnails
trailerdesk.jpg  

Old 12-28-2005, 11:19 PM   #73

West Coast USA
Registry
My dogs sure are having fun.

Sticky is bored with "Mr. Squirrel" and all he does is use him as a pillow. "When are we going home to our yard Mom?"

Kitty is sitting on her toy, a tennis ball rope thing named "Mr. Monkey". They were the only people I gave presents to for XMAS.
Attached Thumbnails
boredbeagles.jpg  
Old 12-28-2005, 11:23 PM   #74

West Coast USA
Registry
I really WAS on the coast. Here is a picture above Boiler Bay in Oregon. There is an ocean in the background, and dang it, if there wasn't so much weather, you could actually SEE it!

Note the fashionable lawn and leaf bag that didn't stay very well over the front window. Oh well. I was used to the inside pool by then anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
coastegg.jpg  
Old 12-28-2005, 11:26 PM   #75

West Coast USA
Registry
And my SECOND favorite site on this trip, Honeyman SP at Florence on the Oregon Dunes. This site was encircled by trees and manzanita (My favorite shrub thingy) and felt very isolated, yet I had electric and water. It's in the B loop, which is set up strictly for RVs. Usually, these are the ickiest sites. I thought they were the best improved sites in the park.

My first favorite sight was, believe it or not, the KOA in Crescent City. I was planning on heading back that way and decided to do pictures THEN. What a dope.

Really, if you go that way, it is right smack dab in the middle of a redwood grove and it has dark and isolated mossy, wet huge sites that are next to trees wider than my egg.

They have regualar KOA like pull thrus in front, but the back acrerage is where you want to go.
Attached Thumbnails
honeyman.jpg  
Old 12-29-2005, 09:33 AM   #76

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Gina,
Good idea to stay out of that white stuff if you can afford the time.
Even if it's inconvenient, we need some moisture! Please drag some rain with you. Of course now they're talking about rain on the Rose Parade.
If there are enough of us, can we wring out "the Shady Bush II", or is that going to be an effort in futility?
Kurt & Ann K.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:00 PM   #77

West Coast USA
Registry
I have conquered the Siskiyous!! (We need a grunt snort and chest thumping smiley!)

Jay Herb stopped by this am in Rogue River and kept me company while I struck camp. Was nice to meet yet ANOTHER egger!

Left RR at 11 am so that I would hit the summit at noon when it was warmest. Worked out great. As soon as I cleared the summit it was a very pleasant trip over Shasta. Had a little ice on the pass, I just took it slow and cautiously.

I am in an Urban Forest Service park in Red Bluff. Great stopping point and as usual, I am the only one here at the Red Bluff recreational Area at Sycamore campground. Right at the dam and on the ever rising river (yikes LOL)

It has water only, so for the first time on this trip, I am running on house power. Still don't need the dish LOL!

The pups love it here. There are LOTS of brave ducks and egrets and herons.

Google this place (I am on the Blackerry and I haven't firgured out how to link on it)

Tomorrow I continue on the 99 at my own pace. There are RV parks every 2 miles it seems.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:42 PM   #78

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
I am in an Urban Forest Service park in Red Bluff. Great stopping point and as usual, I am the only one here at the Red Bluff recreational Area at Sycamore campground. Right at the dam and on the ever rising river (yikes LOL)

Google this place (I am on the Blackerry and I haven't firgured out how to link on it)
Sycamore Campground Link
Old 12-30-2005, 09:49 PM   #79

West Coast USA
Registry
Oh lord, stuck in Lodi again......

But.... I am mostly out of the area that is supposed to turn into Lake No. Cal.

The winds last nite in Red Bluff were unbeleivable! I was rockin with junk falling on my roof all nite. 40 + gusts. My little rig stayed dry with my patches tho.

I am in a modern RV park just off the 99 in Lodi. The koa I stayed at a few miles down the road on my way up is directly behind a levee, and for some reason or other, I thought going there was a bad idea LOL.

Getting this far was stressful. The wind was bad so I pulled in here along with MANY others escaping. I watched a 5er get dropped! OUCH! Ya should make sure the front stablizers are all the way down before you pull your truck out. It only dropped a few inches but enuff to land one the bed sides and mosh the truck. It made a HUGE crash!

Anyway, I got here just in time. I pulled in behind 3 big 5ers and behind me the buldgies were lined up on the hiway. This was at 3. By 4, there were no pull thrus Left so the bulgies are backed into Tent spaces. There is even a giant pop up here. I don't think it will stay up tonite.

I was asked if I minded sharing my full sized pull thru with a smaller camper if need be. No problem, but no takers yet. It is such a dangerous time to travel, how could you say No. There is enuff space for me and a van or truck camper. No, I don't feel guilty for taking a big space when the motorcoaches are backed onto the lawn.

The owners here are very nice and trying to help everyone. And they gave the pups cookies and chewies to keep them happy while stuck inside.

I filled my water tank. I have an uneasy feeling I may be here awhile. Winds are supposed to get up to 60 mph.

Oh, and I STILL don't need my dish LOL.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:28 AM   #80

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
THANKS for letting us know how things are going for you Gina..lots of members are following your journey.

It's a good thing you escaped southern Oregon when you did. I-5 southbound is closed at Hilt California due to a landslide across all lanes. Too much rain and the hillside let go. You would have been trapped for a couple more days here in Oregon. The freeway won't be open until late today and it closed early AM yesterday. Pretty incredible this happened and will be closed for so long considering it's Oregon's number one major freeway.

Stay warm, stay dry and stay safe. Sure wish we could send some (alot) of this moisture to western Texas and Oklahoma...sound like they could really use it.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 09:22 AM   #81

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Gina,
We echo what Donna said.
We are finally going to get started backfilling underneath the house, this morning. Trying to use the dirt before we lose it in the rain which may finally be coming.
Do your long-distance trips usually turn into this much of an adventure? From your description about weather conditions, it's probably a good thing you haven't needed the dish. I can imagine you chasing that thing all over some park in a driving rain with the dogs in the background, vocally "cheering" you on.
We also thank you for keeping your running account alive.
You know you are in our prayers
Kurt & Ann K.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:57 AM   #82

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Gina....
yes thanks for your updates.... With the weather being so horrible we are following you all the way... wishing you a safe travel home. Sorry I couldnt come to portland but it wasnt a good time for me.... maybe someother time...
Old 12-31-2005, 11:30 AM   #83

West Coast USA
Registry
I have absolutely refused to have any contact with folks at work. I got a dollar in my pocket that says my boss fully expects me to call in on tuesday. I'll fool him.

The news for No. Cal is not encouraging. So far my guesses have been right. If I had stayed in the nice forest service campground I would be floating. It really is a great stopover point. I will remember it for my summer journeys.

One of the places I stopped yesterday to walk the dogs is on the news right now. Discovery park in Xcrimento. There was a lot of cops and a helo there wheb I was. Figured there was a jumper. It was a report of someone in the water according to the news. My timing is impecable.

From where I am now, I could make it home today. But I want to go up to Tehachapi. Maybe suprised Lizbeth in Kernville LOL.

No, I want to live.

Visalia today. The dogs get restless on longer drives.

And Kurt, I am like typhoid Mary. There have been several disasters and accidents within hours or a couple days after I have been thru an area. Kings Cross tube station burned 2 days after I had been there, that 1000 year old bridge in Lucerne Switzerland burned within a week. But the worst was.... I was on the Pan Am flight that left Heathrow just before the Lockerby one.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:34 AM   #84

West Coast USA
Registry
Oh...how could I forget. The 2003 fires in So. Cal and the january floods and landslides last year.

Don't invite me to your house.