Help me plan my trip ~ UPDATE - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-03-2006, 11:40 AM   #101

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Gina,
Don't know where you are, but it's here, with a few wispy clouds. Down to 29F last night, and 34F now. Finally some snow on the mountains, but maybe not a welcome sight for you!
Have you managed to get to work, or are you taking a day to acclimatize?
Methinks your method of "bringing in the New Year" is a little severe, but to each his own
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 06:19 PM   #102

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Well Kurt, I have finally arrived at my starting point. And I see what ya mean! the 18 has misc rocks on it, but nothing horrible and was easy to get up.

Left Tehachapi at 11, was unhitched and cleaned out of stinky stiff and perishables by 2. Sunny and quiet all the way. Tho, Mojave is not the most exciting for scenery, I enjoy that route (58 to 395 and then the 15 into home)

I will go back to that park when the weather is better It was very pretty but below freezing this am.

The entire trip was 2545 miles.

Nothing horrible happened at home, not a leak, spoiled bit of food or other things. The only suprise was a dead DSL modem, but that was easily replaced, and I am back to an evening at home before I go to work.

The pups are thrilled and greeted thier doggy friends next door merrily. They are still out there telling them all about it.

Mr. Squirrel and Mr. Monkey are still in the car, they are going to get a good bath when I do the laundry tomorrow nite

Next weekend is a thorough scrubbing of the egg and an assesment of water damage. Hopefully I will get away with a simple cleaning, but that will be left to be seen. The cushions are propped up to get the damp edges exposed to air, the covers are pulled and the cubbies opened to allow circulation.

Oh, and I am now using my dish. The permanent one
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 12:16 AM   #103

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Per Norm's map, it looks like you were there indeed. Even though it sounded like sometimes you were in danger of being elsewhere. No slipping or sliding, or blowing or washing away.
Welcome home, safe and sound!
Kurt & Ann K.
P.S., we also are wondering about Lizbeth. Hope she was somewhat more fortunate dealing with the weather.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:29 AM   #104

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Gina,
I am glad that you are home safe and sound , it was nice meeting you.
I hope you have a good week a work. Jay
Jay Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 04:57 AM   #105

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Gina, how are you getting your internet access while on the road? You seem to have had it working well where ever you went, despite the weather
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 07:44 AM   #106

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Most all the places I went had Wifi, or in one case, I hijacked someones bandwidth. If no wifi, I used a Blackberry.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote