Hope to get going on my first spring trip soon - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-29-2011, 10:00 AM   #1

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Hope to get going on my first spring trip soon

Boy, oh boy, this has been a long winter. When I see some of you fiberglass trailers traveling, I admire you. To me traveling and staying in a park or boon-docking in some national forest when everything is wet and nasty takes more guts than I have. I prefer a sunny location, sunny roads. Well, everything sunny would certainly help. I am looking forward to my first trip of the season. Am going to SW Nevada and look over the country and do some photography. Love that area to visit but would not like to live there. Anyway, to all that are traveling, happy trails, but me? I'll be waiting for this weather to get more into the summer mood. Marg
Marg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Next winter when the cloudy weather and cold are getting you down just hope over the Sierras to Death Valley. It's a great place to be February and March.

In the mean time I hope you enjoy your camping this summer.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:58 PM   #3

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Thanks Bryon, I have been to Death Valley twice and really enjoyed it both times. Stayed at the Nat'l park next to the date orchard. My problem is getting out of northwestern California during the winter due to snow. Oh well, I should complain? Thanks for the come-back. Marg
Marg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #4

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
we don't mind camping in the cold weather--wet or dry. we camped in temps as low as -20C. the furnace works great. however.....we did have to switch the cushions/foam to put the memory foam further away from our bodies...because the only memory it has is that of a rock!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote