How Sequestration Will Affect Federal Agencies - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,398
Registry
How Sequestration Will Affect Federal Agencies

According to the inside scoop, National Parks like Yellowstone and Yosemite will be opening at least 2 weeks later as the National Parks shorten their season. Please check and verify any reservation you may have. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...parks/1935679/
__________________

__________________
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Alf S.'s Avatar
 
Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Posts: 3,815
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: cpaharley2008...Here in Canada it's called "Downloading". The Feds download onto the Provinces, who in turn download on to the Municipalities who in turn raise our property taxes to fund the services. Three levels of Gubermint one level of taxpayer.
Our parks have been doing with less for years and it shows!!!
"Round and round the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel".
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
__________________

__________________
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
841K9's Avatar
 
Name: Logan
Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13'
Wisconsin
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: cpaharley2008...Here in Canada it's called "Downloading". The Feds download onto the Provinces, who in turn download on to the Municipalities who in turn raise our property taxes to fund the services. Three levels of Gubermint one level of taxpayer.
Our parks have been doing with less for years and it shows!!!
"Round and round the mulberry bush the monkey chased the weasel".
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
The funny thing is that there are no actual cuts. Just a smaller (by 2%) increase in future spending.
__________________
I love the smell of diesel in the morning.
841K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 6,043
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
According to the inside scoop, National Parks like Yellowstone and Yosemite will be opening at least 2 weeks later as the National Parks shorten their season. Please check and verify any reservation you may have. National Parks could be hard hit by sequestration cuts

My Mom used to advise..."Don't believe anything you hear, and only half what you see!"
And that was before the internet and photoshop!

Anyway you can still expect the "Pop goes the weasel" part.
__________________
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Name: Darwin
Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Posts: 3,029
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
They have been looking for the Sequestration in the Himalayas for years but never caught one yet. I think it is a White Big Foot.
__________________
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Alf S.'s Avatar
 
Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Posts: 3,815
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin Maring View Post
They have been looking for the Sequestration in the Himalayas for years but never caught one yet. I think it is a White Big Foot.
Hi: Darwin Maring... Sequestration is a "Diversion of income". Basically we're all broke...some of us just don't know it... Yeti!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
__________________
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Name: Steve
Trailer: Bigfoot, Trillium, Scamp 5th Wheel
Spokane Wa. and Las Vegas, Nv.
Posts: 1,312
Registry
Boom, the first foot drops!

Budget cuts force Yellowstone to delay opening
__________________
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Alf S.'s Avatar
 
Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Posts: 3,815
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hammel View Post
Hi Steve Hammel... Don't ya just love it when one party blames the other party...and we all suffer!!!
We're going camping in spite of it all. They can't delay the opening of spring...can they?
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
__________________
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Bobbie Mayer's Avatar
 
Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Posts: 3,236
Registry
Yosemite never closes.
__________________
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
841K9's Avatar
 
Name: Logan
Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13'
Wisconsin
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hammel View Post
Out of curiosity..
What budget cuts are they talking about?
The budget still increased.
__________________
I love the smell of diesel in the morning.
841K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Name: Steve
Trailer: Bigfoot, Trillium, Scamp 5th Wheel
Spokane Wa. and Las Vegas, Nv.
Posts: 1,312
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi Steve Hammel... Don't ya just love it when one party blames the other party...and we all suffer!!!
We're going camping in spite of it all. They can't delay the opening of spring...can they?
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Right on! Seriously it doesn't matter who is in charge, if there is money to be had it will be spent.
__________________
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Name: Darwin
Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Posts: 3,029
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Get out of the way because when Sequestration kicks in the government worker comes alive and heads for the door.
__________________

__________________
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scamp 16'ft - $3500 (FEDERAL WAY) Kevin K Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers 0 04-18-2011 06:59 AM
How will gas prices affect your camping? EricMeyer General Chat 40 03-19-2008 12:49 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.