In the realm of hybrid RV Parks - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2006, 10:53 AM   #1

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
OK, I can show you where I have been "living" for almost 2 weeks (With a week more to go) for my work project.

This is a converted county campground in a wetlands preserve in Yorba Linda, Ca. (Home of a Richard Nixon) As mentioned before, the "new" owners have preserved the campground feel and updated all the sites with full hook ups, leveled the pads, added gravel and cleaned it up from what country campgrounds usually turn into.

At 45 a nite, it's spendy, and is full of gi-hugey motorhomes, but they allow just about anything that isn't falling apart or a rolling meth lab. (I stayed here for a week, in this very spot, in my Coleman Colorado pop up in January once) They keep the ground clean and primped, with clean bathrooms and showers, yet retain the rusticness of a campground.

My spot is about 10 feet from the Santa Ana river, and it is 4 miles or so BEFORE they turn it into typical LA cement channels.

The big dam that almost broke last year is up river 7 miles or so, and this place was evacced to prevent everyone from floating away in thier 5th wheels.

I am enjoying my day off, and I must admit, as self contained as I am, it's great to have all the hook ups to make life a bit easier. And I don't have to give up the "nature" part of it to get them.

I never get to SEE this view during the week, I leave and come "home" in the dark.
Attached Thumbnails
canyonrv1.jpg   canyonrv2.jpg  

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:58 AM   #2

Registry
BTW, the river was a few inches lower yesterday. I hope Donnas storm she sent down here doesn't flood me!
Old 12-16-2006, 12:19 PM   #3

Trailer: Cadet 1985 / 2006 Element
Wifi or aircard
DonInChatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:56 PM   #4

Registry
They have pay wifi here, but I am on an aircard.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:38 PM   #5

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Gina,
Go... Sticky!
Are you back on the mountain now? What did the camp hosts say about flooding possibilities?
Of course if you want insurance to pay towards a replacement. Maybe one of Reece's new concoctions to pull behind your poor neglected Jeep?
Looks like a nice winter spot, particularly as long as the boss is footing the bill! I'm thinking that nice warm snowbird-type location is about to become cooler and wetter.
Have a safe, uneventful drive back down the hill
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 04:47 PM   #6

Registry
I didn't go up the hill. Not worth the risk of not getting back down in time for mondays festivities (Which is one of the reasons they put me here) It would only be a tease, knowing I couldn't stay anyway.

I tell ya, as much as one likes to camp in a 13, LIVING in one is testing my skills. It's easier to keep clean than the house, but if you let it slip for one second, it looks like a pigsty in here.

I have a small ionizer in here, found one that works on 12v and is intended for cars, but it works great in this space. Keeps the "Obvious joy" of two dogs and me down quite a bit. With the rain, we are spending lots of time in here.

There are lots of places to shop around here tho. I am about to run off to some stores to see what I can get to spruce the place up a bit.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:07 PM   #7

Trailer: 13 ft Burro
Nice site with a very pretty view.
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote