Jekyll island, georgia - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-29-2014, 07:41 PM   #15

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We do not mind any questions and will answer as best we can. I think I know what you mean in the flap question and will try to describe them. The screen room is one piece, does not have a rain fly that goes over the top.The flaps can be rolled up to the point where the roof starts to slope up to the peak. At each bottom corner of the flaps is a small hook to fasten the flap to a ring at the bottom of the corner pole. In the center of each flap is a little stretchy ring to hook under a tent stake that you push through a loop at the bottom of the screen wall. There are two entry points, on opposite sides of the screen room. At those points there is a zipper in the center of both the flap and the screen, a short piece of velcro on the bottom of the flap, along with two stretchy loops to hook on a stake. The screen on the entry sides has two tie down loops, one on each side of the zipper. What we usually do is stake down the screen and flap on one side of the zipper, that way you can unzip with one hand, push aside the flap not staked down to enter or exit.. The bottom of the screens panels have a solid piece all around to better seal the whole thing to the ground. There are tie straps all around, inside and out, for when you roll up the flaps or screens. It is important to stake it down and properly locate the corners for the zippers to work right. If in a windy location I use guy ropes at the upper corners. We bought ours from Campmor in NJ, but it's available other sources. Campmor's price may now be up to $525.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:56 PM   #16

Name: Monica
Trailer: Exploring fiberglass, 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 4.3L V6
Michigan
Thank you for that very good description. I will take a look at Campmor. I used to buy stuff from them all the time, but have not in the last few years. So thanks for the reminder (and your other helpful posts).

Old 02-02-2014, 10:01 AM   #17

Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Want to say we had a good time with Jane and Greg from s.carolina, Rhonda and George from n. Carolina, we had a mini Uhaul rally, love Jekyll island and showing it to others, looking forward to Steve coming the end of the month, he has a casita. Still on the hunt for glass balls, so far only have one
Old 02-02-2014, 11:34 AM   #18

Name: Lorelei
Trailer: uhaul
Florida
We love Jekyll Island. It's always fun and relaxing.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #19

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei L View Post
We love Jekyll Island. It's always fun and relaxing.
Hook up your Uhaul and come on up. I'll show you how to fix it.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:56 PM   #20

Name: Lorelei
Trailer: uhaul
Florida
Sure, I'd love to, but we are still working people. Lol