KOA 'rules' too much?? - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #57
Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
In general the KOAs I have tried are OK but not a good value as they are always a lot more expensive than other parks.
I wish they could at least be relied on to be uniformly decent so that I could count on a level of cleanliness when trying them but that has certainly not been the case for me at all.

My favorite so far is the Terre Haute KOA where they have "Room Service" to your site and brought fresh hot food which I have never seen since anywhere? The place was just OK in other ways but the staff were friendly and it was clean so I would stay there again.

The worst I think was in Joplin,Mo. and I will grant them that it was during the aftermath of the devastating Tornado that ripped through Joplin which was the reason I was there as well.
They made no attempt it seemed to make the place clean or friendly for anyone during a tough and terrible time for all that were there.
They seemed to be taking advantage of the situation by raising the already high rates and lowering the service at the same time.

I have stayed at the Cartersville KOA a few times on the way to or from Florida and I only do so because of the convenience to the Highway and it is about the middle of the trip I am on.

The Bathrooms are usually not too nice and there is a lot of noise from the road and on weekends yahoos driving around like it is a racetrack or something.

I have sworn to myself not to stay there again but it is easy on/off the road.

I also stay in a lot of Hotels for work and if I am paying for it I stay one place but if the customer is paying I will stay at a nicer place in general.

The KOA is no different than any other lodging chain really? There are nice ones and not nice ones.

I have stayed in a lot of Hilton properties and have found them to be exactly the same experience. In general they can be among the nicest chain around but it is not always the case either.

It is just Hit or Miss when staying somewhere known.

Ed Harris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:48 AM   #58
Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
Jen...I agree with you about the music. I've often wondered what those people who play rock so loud would do if I played Mozart or Beethoven next to them just as loud as they play their rock. As for KOAs, the only time we stay in them is if they're the only game available. The worst we've been in was in Limon, Colorado where the restrooms were WAY TOO COLD for showers.

rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #59
Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
We've thought about blasting out some loud Slim Whitman yodeling country music when bothered by inconsiderate car and trailer music. Thus far, we've just slightly cranked up some Celtic folk music in our Beetle convertible when loud thumping rap pulls up alongside us. Don't know who's carrying a gun in Chicago!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #60
Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
We've thought about blasting out some loud Slim Whitman yodeling country music when bothered by inconsiderate car and trailer music.
When heads start exploding, you'll know who's an E.T.!

Indian Love Call in Mars Attacks! - YouTube
Propane Facts vs. Fiction:. Click here
Tow Limit Calculator: Click here
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #61
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
When heads start exploding, you'll know who's an E.T.!

Indian Love Call in Mars Attacks! - YouTube
I was just about to make the same reference!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #62
Name: Steven
Trailer: Currently Shopping
NW Wisconsin

[QUOTE=floyd;358713]Where rules run a business, there is no management. Good management means a happier customer and more revenue. Good managers use rules as guidelines for good judgement.

Truer words were never written . Last Fall we made reservations at a Wisconsin State Park for 2 days in September . The DNR website said the park had working showers and flush toilets . When we arrived at the park the toilets and showers were shut down (3 weeks ahead of schedule). I questioned the Park Ranger and his reply was "ASK THE GOVERNOR IT WAS HIS IDEA " .I called the DNR in Madison Wisconsin and complained to which I was told "SORRY BUT THAT'S THE LAW'
On the same trip we stopped at a KOA and when I looked at the bill ,the campground owner had subtracted $10.00 off my bill . I asked why the $10.00 discount ,he replied "The pool and trampolines are down for the season and I do Not have to pay for services I can not receive . Sometimes common sense overcomes arbitrary rules
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #63
Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Best rule I ever saw at a campground was in the Redwoods at Hiouchi campground. Big sign said "No Butts on the Ground"

To protest we immediately all sat on the ground around the sign.

Scamp Owners International
2005 Escape 17-B
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote