The wife and I busted out to Lake Camanche for 3 nights of camping last week. Our first stay in an RV Spot.
Not sure if all RV hookups are like this so we'd appreciate some feedback on what we found versus using a traditional camp site.
- 30 amp hookup plus 2 electrical outlets. This came in handy for our AC window unit which I normally run inside and our batter charger.
- Our Scamp looked like a 5 gallon bucket next to all the 45 foot RV's and 5th wheels. Who needs a living room and study while camping? It was fun to watch people stare as we pulled in and just moved the trailer around by hand...no leveling jacks or long drawn out process of setup.
- No bathrooms on site and our Scamp doesn't have one. We had to hike a half mile or make a 2 minute drive to do our business a few times a day.
- The RV sites were very close together. No privacy. Do they just assume you will be inside all the time or that you don't need room for tents? The fire pit and table was literally 10 feet from the door of the scamp.
- A real lack of vegetation. Very barren though Camanche is not the most green place to begin with
- On our way home we were excited to stop at the Bass Pro Shop but they don't allow dogs in and we couldn't leave our dog in the car with it being 90 degrees out. We made quick little runs through individually but couldn't blow through tons of cash together. I guess good for our wallet but bad for cool camping gear...
All in all we had a fun time. We bought the scamp to primarily use at camp sites but would love to have power if we can find places that offer the same type of privacy and out of the way feeling. Any thoughts on what places my be good for this are appreciated...
A couple of pics....
Our setup (we had one of the shadiest spots in the site):
The view from our site (pretty nice)