Lake Stone - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2014, 06:17 PM   #1

Name: Herman & Ann
Trailer: Casita SD
Pensacola Florida
Lake Stone

Lake Stone is located in the town of Century in northwest Fl. This is a small county run campground. The campground was severely damaged during Hurricane Ivan but has been completely rebuilt and modernized. This is another lake and campground to enjoy yourself at using the lake or other facilities or doing nothing but hanging out. Herman
Herman M Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:23 PM   #2

Pensacola Florida
Tried to post pictures though I had it sorry didn't stay on. When I figure it out will add.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:29 PM   #3

Pensacola Florida
Lake Stone

I will attempt one last time to add pictures
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 02-24-2014, 09:32 PM   #4
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Beautiful shot!!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:30 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
We tried Lake Stone and thought it was a very nice place except we couldn't find any hiking trails. It seemed that if you didn't fish you were confined to the campground. Because of the lack of trails we decided not to return - let me know if you are aware if trails do indeed exist, and we somehow just missed them.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:06 PM   #6

Pensacola Florida
Ray I have bad knees and can't hike anymore. I was told if you on the side where the boat ramp is there is a trail that crosses the dam and goes up the south side of the lake but I can't guarantee it. If you go to Karrick Lake by Baker thay have trails that covers Blackwater Forrest and Conecka National Forrest. Herman
Old 02-27-2014, 02:27 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman M Parker View Post
Ray I have bad knees and can't hike anymore. I was told if you on the side where the boat ramp is there is a trail that crosses the dam and goes up the south side of the lake but I can't guarantee it. If you go to Karrick Lake by Baker thay have trails that covers Blackwater Forrest and Conecka National Forrest. Herman
We love the Blackwater River State Forest and camp and hike (walk?), there quite often - our favorite hike is from Bear Lake to Krul Lake. When camping at the Blackwater State Park, (within the B R State Forest), we enjoy the hikes on both sides of the river; and we have made the trip around Bear Lake twice now - another nice little hike. Being in our mid to late-60s we don't do big hikes very often, but up to about five miles is still enjoyable. We've never been to Karrick, but our kids have, and said it was very nice.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote