Little Miami Bike Trails in Ohio - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2019, 09:48 AM   #1

Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Fiver
Kentucky
Registry
Little Miami Bike Trails in Ohio

We enjoyed a great adventure last year that included riding our bicycles on the bike trail in Central Ohio. However, the campground that we stayed at didn't present a convenient access point to the bike trail. We ended up dragging our bicycles through a rather deep ditch and it was muddy and messy.

Anyone else here have any recommendations of a campground that has direct access to the Little Miami Bicycle trails?
Old 02-02-2019, 08:55 AM   #2

Name: Bill
Trailer: teardrop
Tennessee
Biking Stuff

Hello,
I'm don't know of any campgrounds that meet your requirements.
However, I spent three days riding different sections of the Ohio trail system in the Dayton area based out of a hotel in Xenia. The rates were good (58$), it was centerally located dowtown with trail access less than a 100 yrds away. I found the trails in the area to be nice and certainly enjoyed ridiing into Dayton to see the history of the area.

I've got a retirement goal of riding 100 miles in all 50 states. My wife and I travel in a 15 foot aluminium "toy hauler" type of camper but will splurge for a hotel in some of the urban areas.

If you have any bike travel questions I've have experience and opinions.
Bill
Schosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 11:48 AM   #3

Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Fiver
Kentucky
Registry
Schosh,

Thanks for your reply. We stayed very near Xenia and I agree with your assessment. It's a great location and a nice little town. However, one of our motivations for having a camper was to allow us to bring our four small dogs with us when we travel. Sometimes, finding a pet friendly hotel/motel can be pretty tough, so we bring our own housing. That means that we also have dog trailers that we pull behind our bikes when we ride. I pull two of the four dogs and Laura pulls the other two. We're still looking and have found quite a few places along the trail to check out. Just thought someone here might have a recommendation.

Regards,
Old 02-16-2019, 06:45 AM   #4

Name: Tony
Trailer: Scamp
Ohio
Little Miami bike trail

I pulled out my trail map to see how it can help answer your question. You might check out John Bryan State Park which is just north of Xenia or Buck Creek State Park which is in Springfield. Both appear to have direct access to the main bike trail. Caesar Creek State Park is also there but not right on the bike trail. It shows access with a spur.

I live in the area and often ride my little section of the little Miami trail, 20 miles up and 20 miles back or 20 mile down and 20 miles back. I guess I know about 40 miles of it pretty well. When I ride I see several small camp sites but they all seem to cater to tenting.
Tony D is offline   Reply With Quote