long Distances - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #15

Trailer: Boler 1300 1975
Hello Folks - thanks for all the comments and suggestion - you have provided what I was looking for I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my questions . something else I do is ocean kayak day trips and overnight camping trips along the eastern seaboard of NS great place check it out . www.coastaladventures.com . So I am used to packing and traveling light - the major difference here will be at bed time I will find myself inside rather than on a beach in a tent ( which has it merits as well when on a coastal island ) .

I do have lots of time to make this trip going the is no rush as I am retired so all that is left now is to rap up my planning and the enjoy the journey .

I do have a log book as well I started a guest log l - although I am not telling you folks anything - people want to see the inside of the unit .
thanks again
cheers Daniel G.
Attached Thumbnails
kayak_and_trailer_.JPG  

Old 06-08-2010, 12:03 PM   #16

Name: Michel
Trailer: Boler 1300 1973
Quebec
Registry
Hi Daniel, how do you like your GV to tow your Boler ? Did you get an auxiliary transmission cooler installed ? Nova Scotia may be my next summer trip, this summer will be Gaspesia.

Regards

Old 06-15-2010, 06:53 PM   #17

Trailer: Boler 1300 1975
Quote:
Hi Daniel, how do you like your GV to tow your Boler ? Did you get an auxiliary transmission cooler installed ? Nova Scotia may be my next summer trip, this summer will be Gaspesia.

Regards
Hello Michel - I have no problem hauling the boler with the GV . I have not got the auxilliary transmission cooler - the weight of the boler is well within the towing specs for the GV. So I am not to concerned about it . The hills of Gaspesia will test it out for you . Do have a great trip that part of Quebec is beautiful .
cheers
Dan
Old 08-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #18

Name: Joe
Trailer: 1989 17 ft Bigfoot Deluxe / 2004 Ford Ranger
Ontario
Hi Daniel
We've just returned from a trip from Peterborough,Ontario to Yellowknife, NWT,towing a 17ft Bigfoot with a Ford Ranger.Round trip was 40 days, and 12,740 km (7913 Mi ) of short days travelling, with some stops at friends, and relatives along the way.The route took us thru Canada only, no travel South of the border this time.
Would be glad to answer any questions you or any readers may have.
Joe
Old 09-03-2010, 01:07 PM   #19

Name: Dan
Trailer: Boler 1978 17 foot
Nova Scotia
Registry
A great trip

Hello folks - you will recall I asked for and received lots of good advice about long trips for my 13 foot boler and the pull vehicle a Suzuki Grand Vitara - that was in early spring of 2010 . Well the trip is over I traveled from Enfield Nova Scotia - to Edmonton Alberta 10,200 km return and it was a fantistic trip . We had no major problems at all . After this trip I would not hesitate to take the little boler on the road anywhere . At times you only knew you were towing the trailer when you looked in the rear view mirror or in the evening when you stopped for the day and had a dry place to cook and sleep .

There was a nostalgic moment ,sort of a home comming, as we drove through Earlton Ontario as that is where in 1975 my trailer was built .

Thanks again folks for all your adivise
cheers
Dan