my first "by myself" hookup and camping! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-16-2008, 01:51 PM   #21

Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
if i remember correctly its a turbo diesel bug
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:11 PM   #22

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe 2004
This made me laugh, as I know I will be a show on my first solo trip out. Marlene
Marlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 06:04 PM   #23

Trailer: Teardrop American 1989
Congrats! What a great job!
Unless I can unhook it, its doesn't get backed up LOL
That 3rd wheel is so nice.... heheh
Michelle S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:18 AM   #24

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Sandra..

You did very well for your first time out.. reminds me of mine.... I still have trouble backing up... sometimes I dont have a problem, but most of the time I do.... I just ask someone to back it up for me .... most are so kind to do so.. saves me about 30 min of my time...LOL
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:47 PM   #25

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Candi Woods
We live on one of the busiest streets in town and have a really long driveway so backing our camper in after a trip is a real stressor. I was actually the first one to even drive our new camper since my husband had to work and they needed me to pick it up on that particular day. I probably should have been worried but I was blissfully ignorant. Boy, was it an eye opener!

You know, those men weren't born knowing how to do those things, either, though some would beg to differ. There had to be a first time for them, too. So, it's true, practice does make perfect.

I remember one of the first trips I took without my husband. I was going with a church group that had arrived earlier in the day and saved me a campsite. Well, it must have been one that no one wanted to take because it was a tight spot to get into. It was located on a tight curve in the road with a tree directly across from it, a car parked on one side and a pole on the other. One of the men from the group came over and offered to back in for me but after looking around carefully I decided that I would try it for myself first. I think he was pretty surprised by this and kept insisting over and over again. Maybe I should have given in to him but I thought of it as a challenge and really wanted to try myself. Well, even though it really was very tricky I got it in on the first try. I have to admit that I felt pretty proud of myself after that. I'm not sure what the man thought of me, though. I felt like I might even have offended him by not taking him up on his offer, he was so adamant. A few minutes later, though, I needed him to show me how to light
my hot water heater!
Candi Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:32 PM   #26

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
When we camped in Florida last month my brother-in-law kept insisting I wasn't backing up right and I was in the wrong place. I had to get out walk over to where he was standing and very quietly tell him, "Jim, I've done this before!"

He finally left me alone to put "The Little Egg" where I wanted it and not where he thought it should be.
CD Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 12:46 AM   #27

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via MSN to Coach George Jessup
ok..... maybe some one else pulled this already but.....

a "hook up" as it is known these days....
"cant be done...
by "yourself"

Coach George Jessup is offline   Reply With Quote