New England Trip - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2006, 01:11 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
Well, keep an eye out for me next week. My last full week of vacation will be used up in a modest New England swing. Primary goal is to visit my niece at at the Coast Guard Academy during the summer introduction session.

Watch for me along the southern shore of Lake Erie, across New York into southern Vermont (Jamaica area), down to Mystic/New London area, and back through Pennsylvania (Susquehannock Corp of Engrs campground perhaps? Any feedback?)

Pretty much all that I can cram in without flogging myself. (I usually drive a day, stay a day.)

Wave if you see me. Please use ALL the fingers in your hand!
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 04:38 PM   #2

Registry
Well, back safe and sound. About 1750 miles. Two marginal campgrounds; Evangola in New York was just badly laid out and Seaport in Mystic, Connecticut which was pretty swampy over by me. One okay campground, Winhall Brook in Vermont and one nice campground, Seven Points Corp of Engineers in Pennsylvania.

Saw two 13' Bolers, I think, that were heading south in Vermont. Both seemed painted to color coordinate with their tow vehicles which looked like older (antique?) cars. Both were traveling together. And what I think was a 16' Scamp heading west on I-80 in Pennsylvania or Ohio. I don't know where I was at that time.

I reserved ahead and chose sites with electricity. Boy was that wise. Got a lot of use out of the A/C this trip. (Hot and muggy)

This picture was at Seven Points (Roystown Lake). This loop was on the side of a hill and the picnic tables were usually either above or below the trailer site. Very pretty and clean campground.

Drive a day, stay a day worked great. Longest days were about 450 miles and there were three of them.

I have a Ford F150 with the big V8. Probably averaged about 15 mpg with 16-16.5 over the flat stuff in Ohio and most of New York. Mostly 65-70 mph with brief peeks at 75. (Knowing exactly what your trailer weighs, what your tire can carry at it's maximum pressue allows you to "explore" certain footnotes in the Tire & Rim Assn recommended maximum speeds. While legally doubtful, I WAS within T&RA guidelines.)
Attached Thumbnails
7points.jpg  
Old 07-25-2006, 02:30 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
Sounds like a fun trip!!

pictures??
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:17 AM   #4

Trailer: Bigfoot
Quote:
Well, back safe and sound. About 1750 miles. Two marginal campgrounds; Evangola in New York was just badly laid out and Seaport in Mystic, Connecticut which was pretty swampy over by me. One okay campground, Winhall Brook in Vermont and one nice campground, Seven Points Corp of Engineers in Pennsylvania.

Saw two 13' Bolers, I think, that were heading south in Vermont. Both seemed painted to color coordinate with their tow vehicles which looked like older (antique?) cars. Both were traveling together. And what I think was a 16' Scamp heading west on I-80 in Pennsylvania or Ohio. I don't know where I was at that time.

I reserved ahead and chose sites with electricity. Boy was that wise. Got a lot of use out of the A/C this trip. (Hot and muggy)

This picture was at Seven Points (Roystown Lake). This loop was on the side of a hill and the picnic tables were usually either above or below the trailer site. Very pretty and clean campground.

Drive a day, stay a day worked great. Longest days were about 450 miles and there were three of them.

I have a Ford F150 with the big V8. Probably averaged about 15 mpg with 16-16.5 over the flat stuff in Ohio and most of New York. Mostly 65-70 mph with brief peeks at 75. (Knowing exactly what your trailer weighs, what your tire can carry at it's maximum pressue allows you to "explore" certain footnotes in the Tire & Rim Assn recommended maximum speeds. While legally doubtful, I WAS within T&RA guidelines.)
I just spent 4 days at Seven Points in the "Ridge" section. I had one of the 2 or 3 flat sites! I thought that the Senioa area with the steep hills had an overcrowded look. One site stacked on top of the other. It is a pretty location and a bargain if you have a Golden Geezer passport.
R&SGove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 07:37 AM   #5

Registry
I had the back side of a tent 3 feet from the side of the trailer, but the location was so pretty.

I usually drive all through the campground, noting attractive sites for potential future visits but I didn't this trip. I should have. Although a long day's drive, I'd consider a revisit.

I sometimes wonder about setting up a thread with people's favorite site at different campgrounds. (If they'd share the information.) It would be sort of local knowledge. Perhaps later, in the fall, I'll bring it up.