New to me - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-13-2009, 11:07 PM   #1
Trailer: Boler 17 ft
So, we went to one of our favourite boon-docks and there was a truck parked where we usually camp.

No problem, they might be hiking on the nearby trail, or fishing off the rock, and we could just wait a bit or go ask them to move their vehicle. But then I thought, wait, we could totally move our Boler there with truck as is, so I saunter up...

...To see

A sun- bather, mid-aged man,

Wearing only a cowboy hat.

We dash off to the far right, to the beach, throw rocks in the water, talk a bit, then walk back to our rig, and as we pass by we see, I think it is called -- the Sun Dog. Dangit!~

Then I am mad. I think he has seen and heard us and not only does NOT care, but wants to give us a bit of a show. With a family! There is a CHILD here, mister! And so forth.

So we are standing around many yards away, wondering what to do, when said Mister saunters to his vehicle. I am aghast, I am am as upset as can be, to see him and I turn around. Young son (who turns out not to be traumatized in any way) tells me when he saw us, he scampered back. Cowboy re-appears fully dressed, gets in his vehicle, makes small talk, drives away.

1. He totally did not hear us over the sound of the surf and the wind
2. Child is not upset in any way, and why should he be
3. I should chill out, good thing we camped there for five days while I read paperback novels.

CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:03 PM   #2
Name: Jen
Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
We've tried not to make a big thing about nudity where our small children are concerned. We all have the same parts, basically, and have only become incensed by others' nudity as a result of societal rules. NO, we're not nudists. In fact, DH is particularly shy, and you're unlikely to ever see me in as little as a bikini. (One piece MAYBE, but certainly not nude if strangers are around.)

The result - when we've happened upon nudists in our travels, the kids are unphased. Sure, there are questions. But we answer them matter of factly as the opportunities arise.

Kids are amazing, if we let them be.

The Blog - travels and more
The Book - what we do around these parts
JenPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:20 PM   #3
Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: CharlynnT... Glad you got a handle on it !!! Most times it's not difficult for the kids... just the adults
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote