Niagara Falls - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-11-2008, 08:33 AM   #1
Member
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 58
Any suggestions for camping near Niagara Falls. Proximity to the falls is important. We'd prefer to stay on the Canadian side (of course, this could change if the dollar keeps dropping...).

I've found: Riverside Park (http://www.riversidepark.net) which looks like our best bet so far, but I'd appreciate any input people can offer.

We don't need activities, a pool, etc., and we don't even really need hook-ups. The Jellystone and KOA weren't appealing.

Thanks,

Todd
__________________

__________________
Todd Sleeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:20 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Alf S.'s Avatar
 
Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Posts: 3,816
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Any suggestions for camping near Niagara Falls. Proximity to the falls is important. We'd prefer to stay on the Canadian side (of course, this could change if the dollar keeps dropping...).

I've found: Riverside Park (http://www.riversidepark.net) which looks like our best bet so far, but I'd appreciate any input people can offer.

We don't need activities, a pool, etc., and we don't even really need hook-ups. The Jellystone and KOA weren't appealing.

Thanks,

Todd
Hi: We had a great time at K.O.A. Niagara Falls Ontario last fall and there is a Good Sam member park almost next door on Lundys Lane+ another in the same area... but I don't know if they are open for winter camping or not. Sorry I couldn't be more help!!!
...Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie...
__________________

__________________
Alf S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:11 PM   #3
Member
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 58
Quote:
Hi: We had a great time at K.O.A. Niagara Falls Ontario last fall and there is a Good Sam member park almost next door on Lundys Lane+ another in the same area... but I don't know if they are open for winter camping or not. Sorry I couldn't be more help!!!
...Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie...

Alf-
We're looking at summertime for the trip (I tend to overplan things...). I will take a look at the KOA again. Thanks for your positive input on it. Riverside park is about 6-7 miles from the falls. I'd prefer something closer, even if I have to give up some solitude/quiet.

Todd
__________________
Todd Sleeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:02 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Alf S.'s Avatar
 
Name: Alfred
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2010 Nissan Frontier
Ontario
Posts: 3,816
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Alf-
We're looking at summertime for the trip (I tend to overplan things...). I will take a look at the KOA again. Thanks for your positive input on it. Riverside park is about 6-7 miles from the falls. I'd prefer something closer, even if I have to give up some solitude/quiet.

Todd
Hi: Todd... We had a mini get to gather there in Sept. 5- 13' 1- 16 1/2' and 1- 17' Bolers as well as a 40' M.H.+ a stick built (no predjustice) and we went wine touring/tasting (yummm). K.O.A. Bob as he wanted to be called guided each trailer into our little group area and delivered fire wood and ice for us and reserved the pavillion for a pot luck Sat. nite. He rules We had the kamp kitchen right behind us and could cook and heat water on the hot plates and use the sinks for wash up. The sites we had were #'s 272 and up. They are pricey, but with service like we got...worth it!!! Even the train can't blow its whistle till its out of town!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
__________________
Alf S. is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
13' Boler for sale, Niagara Falls Canada Jake Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers 0 05-08-2010 04:40 AM
Niagara Falls Adventure Pass Lex M General Chat 1 10-25-2009 07:56 AM
Niagara Wine Tour 2009 Alf S. Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 1 08-06-2009 01:23 PM
Niagara Wine Tour Jim Stacey Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 13 09-14-2008 11:31 PM
Wine tour in Niagara Falls Ontario Sept 21-23 Alf S. Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 3 09-26-2007 08:59 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.