Niagara Falls - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2008, 08:33 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Any suggestions for camping near Niagara Falls. Proximity to the falls is important. We'd prefer to stay on the Canadian side (of course, this could change if the dollar keeps dropping...).

I've found: Riverside Park (http://www.riversidepark.net) which looks like our best bet so far, but I'd appreciate any input people can offer.

We don't need activities, a pool, etc., and we don't even really need hook-ups. The Jellystone and KOA weren't appealing.

Thanks,

Todd
Todd Sleeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:20 AM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Any suggestions for camping near Niagara Falls. Proximity to the falls is important. We'd prefer to stay on the Canadian side (of course, this could change if the dollar keeps dropping...).

I've found: Riverside Park (http://www.riversidepark.net) which looks like our best bet so far, but I'd appreciate any input people can offer.

We don't need activities, a pool, etc., and we don't even really need hook-ups. The Jellystone and KOA weren't appealing.

Thanks,

Todd
Hi: We had a great time at K.O.A. Niagara Falls Ontario last fall and there is a Good Sam member park almost next door on Lundys Lane+ another in the same area... but I don't know if they are open for winter camping or not. Sorry I couldn't be more help!!!
...Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie...
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:11 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Hi: We had a great time at K.O.A. Niagara Falls Ontario last fall and there is a Good Sam member park almost next door on Lundys Lane+ another in the same area... but I don't know if they are open for winter camping or not. Sorry I couldn't be more help!!!
...Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie...

Alf-
We're looking at summertime for the trip (I tend to overplan things...). I will take a look at the KOA again. Thanks for your positive input on it. Riverside park is about 6-7 miles from the falls. I'd prefer something closer, even if I have to give up some solitude/quiet.

Todd
Todd Sleeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:02 PM   #4

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Alf-
We're looking at summertime for the trip (I tend to overplan things...). I will take a look at the KOA again. Thanks for your positive input on it. Riverside park is about 6-7 miles from the falls. I'd prefer something closer, even if I have to give up some solitude/quiet.

Todd
Hi: Todd... We had a mini get to gather there in Sept. 5- 13' 1- 16 1/2' and 1- 17' Bolers as well as a 40' M.H.+ a stick built (no predjustice) and we went wine touring/tasting (yummm). K.O.A. Bob as he wanted to be called guided each trailer into our little group area and delivered fire wood and ice for us and reserved the pavillion for a pot luck Sat. nite. He rules We had the kamp kitchen right behind us and could cook and heat water on the hot plates and use the sinks for wash up. The sites we had were #'s 272 and up. They are pricey, but with service like we got...worth it!!! Even the train can't blow its whistle till its out of town!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote