No Dog Camping? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2006, 10:29 AM   #15
Trailer: 73 Surfside 14 / '05 Magnum RT AWD
Have any of you seen the show, Dog Whisper? He shows how all dogs need their human to be pack leader so the dog doesn't feel the need to. I've learned so much about myself and my dogs watching this show.

Yes I'm a tried and true dog lover. I actually put a large dog to sleep a few years ago because he snapped at my husband and brought blood after many tries to get the dog to stop snapping. I regret that I had to do it, but I didn't want this dog around my grandchildren. If I had seen the Dog Whisper, I could have changed that dog using a totally different approach.

I have a great dog now. My daughter was babysitting a 2 years old girl who WAS afraid of dogs until she met mine.

If I didn't have my dogs with me right now, I don't know how I would have survived the death of my husband. After all the do-gooders are gone, the dogs are still here sharing the grief and making life possible.

Old 04-23-2006, 04:13 PM   #16
Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie
Getting back on track - and trying to answer the question asked...

I found a reference that some British Columbia campgrounds do NOT allow dogs...No Dogs

Old 04-23-2006, 08:59 PM   #17
Trailer: 13 ft Bigfoot
Getting back on track - and trying to answer the question asked...

I found a reference that some British Columbia campgrounds do NOT allow dogs...No Dogs

Jackie, I have yet to find a BC park that actually prohibits dogs - there may be one or two remote ones with particular wildlife/plant life concerns but I've never found one, and each park that I've been to has permission signs in place which allow dogs (on-leash, but this means nothing to most owners) on the beaches because the dog owners lobby vociferously for these by-laws.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:21 PM   #18
Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Everyone has made their position clear and are now beating a dead horse. I am closing this thread as it is going off topic more then on.

Closed Thread