Nova Scotia or Bust the Lil Snoozy - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #1

Name: Glenn
Trailer: lil snoozy
South Carolina
Nova Scotia or Bust the Lil Snoozy

Planning a BIG, two month road trip, starting next month from Charleston,SC to Arcadia N.P., New Brunswick and Nova Scotia in our LiLSnoozy. If anyone has suggestions of "must see/do " please let us know. We have the time and like the adventure of the open road. We'll take route 1 up the Maine coast, visit friends and family along the way and show off our egg to those who want a peek. It's the SEASON...Happy Trails to you......
Gleam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
We may run into each other. I'm leaving upstate NY on June 14th, plan to hit Hopewell Rock area of NB around the 22nd, and onto the island a couple of days later. Will be driving along the coast(s) for 2-3 weeks...
Jon Vermilye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #3

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleam B View Post
Planning a BIG, two month road trip, starting next month from Charleston,SC to Arcadia N.P., New Brunswick and Nova Scotia in our LiLSnoozy. If anyone has suggestions of "must see/do " please let us know. We have the time and like the adventure of the open road. We'll take route 1 up the Maine coast, visit friends and family along the way and show off our egg to those who want a peek. It's the SEASON...Happy Trails to you......
Hi: Gleam B... Here's a couple o pics. of must sees IMHO!!!
1...Fortress Louisbourg Cape Breton Island (N.S.)
2 Lunenberg N.S.
3 Digby N.S. for Scallops!!!
Attached Thumbnails
P1010215.jpg   P1030043.jpg  

Now those are SCALLOPS!!!.jpg  
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #4

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Hopewell rocks is definitely a must see.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #5

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Van Camper
New Brunswick
and perhaps the Maritime Rally in Baddeck July 19-21. The Alexander Graham Bell Museum os there as well
Briantb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #6

Name: Tim
Trailer: Escape
Rhode Island
I've been tenting at Mount Desert Campground for several years as a basecamp to explore Acadia NP. Beautiful area. Besides the usual park attractions you might consider visiting the town of Northeast Harbor and taking the passenger mail ferry to the Cranberry Islands for a nice quiet relaxing day trip. Ferries to the Cranberry Isles

Also, Mary Musson bakes the absolute best blueberry pies out of her home kitchen in Southwest Harbor. You'll try to figure out how to bring some home!

Welcome to New England...

Tim
OneTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
While Your're at It...

If you're coming that far, you should really cross the Gulf and visit The Last Best Place ...

In NS, two suggestions - first,a great little campground - Cranberry Camping - at Lower Barney's River, on Merigomish Harbour - beautiful spot, great folks, and one of the neatest areas I've visited - and that's from a Newfoundlander!

Secondly, plan to spend a few days around the Annapolis Valley, and especially getting a grasp on the Minas Basin and the incredible 16th century dyke system that protects thousands of acres of prime low-lying valley farmland from flooding on every tide. I just spent a week with friends there, and spent three days driving the North and South mountains of the valley and Digby Neck while he laid it all out for me. The Basin is incredible - each tide sees a flow of water thru the neck that's equal to the flow volume of all the rivers on earth! Enough water so that the mainland of NS actually BENDS with the tide...

Finally, the Fireplace Cafe in Canning serves absolutely the best light lunches, and has wicked homemade sausages available...ain't a trip to NS for me without a meal there...
Richard Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #8

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Trying to make Acadia the week of June 10-17th if the stars line up right. May see one of you guys on the roads. The KOA at Bar Harbor is expensive but right on the ocean with full hook ups.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #9

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
briantb beat me to it but we met him and many other great new friends at last years rally as we plan to attend this years as well. its really a great bunch
Old 06-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #10

Name: Letitia
Trailer: 2011 Eggcamper
Florida
Registry
Rafting on the tidal bore!
2011 Eggcamper #106
Letitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #11

South Carolina
Thanks folks. We are writing this all down and appreciate your help. Can't wait to hit the road!
Old 06-03-2013, 12:27 AM   #12

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
Take a swim in Echo Lake just outside of Acadia. We had Loons swimming all around us.

Many sights in Nova Scotia. Great little camp on the coast located on the west side of Cape Briton Island just a few kilometers north of a town called Cheticamp. You can walk to a very small fresh water lake a few meters from the coast forming from a mountain stream and flowing into the ocean. Cold swimming, but refreshing.
You can drive into Cheticamp around noon and purchase fresh catches from the professional fishermen.
If you take bicycles, it is a wonderful ride from that camp to Ingonish. If I remember correctly it was an approximate 100 kilometer ride. A little hilly, but that's what gears are for.

Have fun!
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:40 AM   #13

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Lunenberg N.S. gets my vote as well as a must see. I know it sounds like a real touristy thing to do but take the horse drawn tour around the town as the drivers will give you the history behind the town. It is a UNISCO world heritage center. If your a golfer there is a nice little course across the harbour from town. Just down the road from Lunenberg is a little fishing village called Blue Rock that is pretty nice to see - not much there though - just amazing views and an old fishing village. You can also go whale watching out of Digby. If your into history then Annapolis Royal, NS is also worth a visit. Of course you cant go to NS without going out to Peggys Cove.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #14
k8t

Name: Katie
Trailer: ParkLiner 2013
California
If you get to Cape Breton, be sure to stop in at the Red Shoe Pub in Mabou for some wonderful fiddle music. After all, isn't that one of the things Cape Breton is known for?

We were in Inverness for a week and after going down to the Red Shoe once, couldn't stay away. They often have music in the afternoon and then another set of musicians in the evening. Their schedule varies but it's posted in all the regional event fliers.

x3 on Lunenburg. Nice people and very colorful!

Have fun!!!
k8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #15

South Carolina
fiddles

Thanks for the tip! And I'm a fiddle player to boot....even have one in the snoozy to practice on during our trip.
How good does it get!!
Just arrived in Ocean NJ after a quick stop at Medoc Mtn State park ( very nice ) and last night at Pocomoke River St Park , after a visit to our friend Ruth in Williamsburg, VA. Also took a quick look at the wild ponies at Assettague Nat'l park for a future trip look see.

Happy Trails!
Old 07-05-2013, 06:02 AM   #16

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp / Silver Ford 150
We just returned from a week of camping in Maine in the rain. I strongly recommend the ME state parks. Don't know about hookups though, we don't use them. $25/night, best state parks we have ever camped.

Stop in Newburyport, MA if you get a chance. It's a lovely little town, right on US 1. We live there on our sailboat in the summers (although heading back to Colorado today).

We are planning a camping trip through the Maritimes for September 2014, look forwrd to reading your posts.
barring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:42 AM   #17

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
There's a great rally in Cape Breton, July 19 - 21. Check out the Vintage FG rally. Lots of nice folks. http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/c...=2013-7-21&c=1
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:37 AM   #18
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
At the end of August the Lawrence town exhibition is held. In the heart of the Annapolis valley you can experience small town flavor.
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #19

South Carolina
We'll be in Hopewell Rock tomorrow, Friday July 26th and we'd LOVE to see an Escape live and in person. Look for our Lil Snoozy! See 'ya
Old 07-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #20

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
You missed me & my Escape 17B by a month - was there on June 20 - 23.
Jon Vermilye is online now   Reply With Quote