Nova Scotia this June - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-11-2017, 03:06 AM   #15

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Benz View Post
We are flying to Nova Scotia for a wedding in June, and will rent a motorhome to tour the province. We will be staying at:
  1. Halifax
  2. Yarmouth
  3. Windsor
  4. Amherst
  5. Baddeck
  6. Sherbrooke
At least 2 days in each, some three days (Baddeck e.g.)

What do people recommend we see/do at or near these stops in the month of June?

Thanks in advance;

Vic
:You forgot Digby and area along with Bear River, u might think not much goes on here but is out of site places that one does not see often. Have friends at the Head of the River who lived in Calgary for years on years but moved here because they were told no snow but that was not the truth one year they got 12' and it stayed forever. I think they got hit again this year just like we been getting hit, Cape Breton is another area to visit especially the Sunrise Trail so nice up that way. We did quite a bit of Cape Breton in the Little Kar seeing more than we could if in MH. Nice Campground in Mahoney Bay also nice place to take pictures, good jump off place to Nuremburg, Grey rocks, Peggy's Cove, u get to Peggy's place say hello for us. Such a small place but worth a 1000 pictures. Grey Rock is about 7-8 miles up from Nuremburg just ask the locals and they will tell u. The one road you have to take is the one on the Atlantic side of Cape Breton, like dummies we got off the ferry from NL where they all talk funny, u stay there long enough you'll talk funny to and faster than one is used to talking.
We came back the Sunrise Trail but it was a good one.
Have fun As I miss my time there and our friends we know and the ones we met.
Stude

stude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 04:44 PM   #16

Name: Cathi
Trailer: Scamp 13'
Nova Scotia
Cape Breton: If you like remote sand beaches, Aspy Bay is vast and spectacular...if you camp at Hideaway Campground and Oyster Market (Shore Road), a jaunt to the end of the road will bring you to Aspy Bay.

When leaving Hideaway Campground, if you take a right onto the main road (Cabot Trail), you will find your way to Meat Cove...very high winding road...spectacular view including whales...but if you bypass Meat Cove and continue on to Bay St. Lawrence, the whales are easier to see because you are closer to sea level. Not sure if the whales are around in June.

Mainland Nova Scotia: The eastern shore, route 7, besides bringing you to Sherbrooke, will lead you to many lovely beaches...Martinique, Clam Harbour...the eastern shore is less populated than the south shore, but it has the same maritime flavour.

Kejimikujik Seaside Adjunct Park takes about 3 hours round trip to walk...it is on the south shore, not too far from Yarmouth. Looks a lot like Malibou, and there are several types of seals that live there.

Peggy's Cove...you might want to park your rig in the parking lot that is at the intersection of the village road and route 333. I live in the next village, and the traffic can be intense during tourist season...i once watched a pushy bus driver come close to running over a Honda Civic in heavy traffic. The village road is short with very acute turns in it.

Happy camping and safe and easy travels!

Tillie and Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:09 PM   #17

Name: Anne
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner 2016 Honda Pilot
North Carolina
I agree with others on Lunenburg. A fascinating place in the architecture and history, plus a city campground at the visitor's center -- upper level for larger RVs. Among the attractions is the Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic. Be sure to catch their guided tours or programs. Fascinating!!! There's also a restaurant on site, so you can catch morning and afternoon programs. We spent 3 days with mostly pouring rain and still had a fabulous time. Also good restaurants!
neparker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:53 AM   #18

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Near Baddeck is Donelda's Bird Tours, with puffins, out of Englishtown.
I would also plan on rafting the Bay of Fundy incoming tide.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:06 PM   #19

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Cape Breton (when the weather is good) is one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:48 PM   #20

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillie and Tyler View Post
Cape Breton: If you like remote sand beaches, Aspy Bay is vast and spectacular...if you camp at Hideaway Campground and Oyster Market (Shore Road), a jaunt to the end of the road will bring you to Aspy Bay.

When leaving Hideaway Campground, if you take a right onto the main road (Cabot Trail), you will find your way to Meat Cove...very high winding road...spectacular view including whales...but if you bypass Meat Cove and continue on to Bay St. Lawrence, the whales are easier to see because you are closer to sea level. Not sure if the whales are around in June.

Mainland Nova Scotia: The eastern shore, route 7, besides bringing you to Sherbrooke, will lead you to many lovely beaches...Martinique, Clam Harbour...the eastern shore is less populated than the south shore, but it has the same maritime flavour.

Kejimikujik Seaside Adjunct Park takes about 3 hours round trip to walk...it is on the south shore, not too far from Yarmouth. Looks a lot like Malibou, and there are several types of seals that live there.

Peggy's Cove...you might want to park your rig in the parking lot that is at the intersection of the village road and route 333. I live in the next village, and the traffic can be intense during tourist season...i once watched a pushy bus driver come close to running over a Honda Civic in heavy traffic. The village road is short with very acute turns in it.

Happy camping and safe and easy travels!
:Yep parking at Peggy's is nuts but if you take your time one can always find a spot or walk in. Funny thing bout Peggy's is that you get the shock of your life at how small it really is but when it comes to taking pictures one can spend the whole day there and never get enough. Some say they Like Cape Breton and there are places in Cape Breton I Like but for me Nova Scotia is the spot if I was younger would love to live there. Revently had a chance to buy a small farm with beautiful old barn on it could throw a lot of Newfie dances in the place, sell our fresh grown products etc.
It would take me a lifetime to see all of NS then I would have Cape Breton to discover but that is another story.
Stude
stude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 05:39 PM   #21

Name: Dave & Elinor
Trailer: Trillium 4500
Ontario
Registry
If you stay in Amherst you have to check out the fossil cliffs in Joggins then continue south to Advocate Harbour and check out Cape d'Or Lighthouse which has a nice restaurant , then after that drive along near the Bay of Fundy shore line to Parrsboro NS , Beautiful view , the town is now turning into a visual artist community attracting artists from other provinces in Canada and areas to live there now . Artsy town There is a cool art gallery on maine st. with artists doing their art work there .Pop in to say hello to the artist that live in the beautiful old town hall that is all renovated for an artist drop in and coffee shop upstairs . We were there last year . On the way back to Amherst pop into the Anne Murray centre in Springhill if you have time left .
This year we are going to Peggy's Cove and we have reservations to tour Oak Island How cool is that every one might think we might find the Gold $$$$ and have Rick and Marty Lagina over for a visit at our camp site as a new war room for the next dig LOL . We will be staying at Rayport Campground to see Lunenburg etc etc
Old 04-06-2017, 06:43 PM   #22

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19; 1977 Trillium 1300
North Carolina
Registry
Nova Scotia is one of my favorite places to tour in all of NA. I would take a side trip to PEI as well.

thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote