Ocracoke N.C. (October) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #1

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Ocracoke N.C. (October)

Anyone going to be staying at the Ocracoke National Campground in October between the 14th-25th. My wife and I will be there with our Scamp 5er.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:44 AM   #2

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
Planning on it at the present time weather permitting

Michael J.
mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #3

Indiana
Registry
FYI there has been a Scamp 5 th wheel at Ocracoke at some point in time during the las two weeks of the season the last two years we have been there.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #4

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Yea weather. We will be watching closely the week before. Would like to see some other eggs there.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #5

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeyer View Post
FYI there has been a Scamp 5 th wheel at Ocracoke at some point in time during the last two weeks of the season the last two years we have been there.
Michael, that would probably be us and we're planning be there 10/25-27 this year if possible.

Ted, we'll be in your area a couple of weeks before that with reservations at Cataloochee in hopes of catching the elk bugling. I think our group has all but two of the sites booked that weekend but we're mostly too old to cause any sort of trouble.

If possible, we look forward to meeting both of you and any other egg folks that might want to take advantage of the best time of the year to visit the OBX.

Al & Cindy
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:45 AM   #6

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Ted / Michael / ???? - You folks still planning to make this? We'll be there next Friday but have to work until 5 so it will be late - Hoping to make the 10 PM ferry.

Al
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #7

Indiana
Registry
Probably not ,We have furniture to buy at the Nov1 Hickory sale, which means either a 2 week trip or a quick turnaround after Halloween with the Grand kids. Looks more like Fl in November and OBX in March or April next year
Old 10-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #8

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
I'm coming from Avon, and am in line for the ferry right now. Planning to spend a day or two with my Escape 17.

I'm here in site D3 for the weekend. While rain is predicted, right now it is beautiful, and wonderfully warm for us Northerners!
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #9
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
We left the house this morning at about 7:00 for Ocracoke. Unfortunately we didn't get far. Once on pavement (about 5 miles) I noticed things just didn't feel right. Turned out to be a blown tire on the trailer. It looks like it was punctured by a rock. With repair time and travel time we wouldn't have much time left before they close the campground so we decided to wait until spring.

Jon, if I'm not mistaken isn't D3 a much prized dune site? Good for you. Enjoy your stay, Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #10

Indiana
Registry
Yea D3 is primo property. Say hello to ranger Ruth for me.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #11

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
Yes, it is behind the dunes with a short walk to the ocean. The campground is less than 1/4 filled, in fact I would guess there are less than 15 RVs here. I'm behind the trees in the middle...
Attached Thumbnails
ASG_7627.jpg  
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #12
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Jon, across the road from the campground is a parking area and the dump station loop. At the back of that loop is a road that leads to the sound. It's about a 1/2 mile walk and leads to a very nice view of the sound. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #13

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
Yes, it is behind the dunes with a short walk to the ocean. The campground is less than 1/4 filled, in fact I would guess there are less than 15 RVs here. I'm behind the trees in the middle...
I see your Red Rav Jon, if you head south from there, stop in Myrtle Beach, it is their "off" season now, also a real nice SP just south of Myrtle,
Huntington Beach SP. Both good locations.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #14

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Brookgreen Gardens is just down the road from Huntington Beach SP, very interesting place. We'll be there in about a month. Another nice SC state park is Hunting Island near Beaufort. The carriage tour in Beaufort is good, and if you go there be sure to stop in at the candy shop where Tom Hanks filled the Russell Stovers box for "Forest Gump". We just tried to get a reservation at James Island county park near Charleston, but we will be passing through on a weekend and it's full, so it's on to Tybee Island for a couple nights.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote