Oh Canada! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #1

Name: Marjie
Trailer: Trillium 4500
New York
Oh Canada!

Hi,
A few questions for anything familiar with Quebec City, as we will be heading there in a couple of weeks (Can't Wait!!).
What is the best and closest camping to the city?
How about dog kennels nearby?
We will probably spend most of our time in the old city, but want to also check out the surrounding areas if time allows. Thanks for your help,
Marjie
Rarebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #2

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
I envy you, it is a beautiful city. When we were there we stayed in Levis, which is on the south side of the river. There is a ferry (foot passengers) that goes across right to the old city with great views as you approach Quebec. We just left our car in Levis and spent the time on foot - lots to see. And eat!
No help with kennels, our cats just stayed in the trailer.
cheers
Ian
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #3

Trailer: Boler 1300 1977 (#2033 L EGGO)
Hi,

We researched, a few years ago, and stayed at "CampingTransit" ??? on the Levis side of the river. Quite nice, and we oped to back-haul a bit, over the closest bridge, for our visit to beautiful Quebec City.

D & D
Des Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #4

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
Camp transit

My daughter and her family have stayed at "transit" twice. She highly recommends it. Pool, convenience store, clean washrooms. Drive to the ferry terminal on the Levis side, park and take the boat across.
We used to stay at the KOA on the service road that parallels the TCH, west of the bridge approaches. Once you figure out the route, it is a quick drive to the parking areas below the old city.
I can't help you with the kennels but I'm sure the info you need is on the net.
You are in for a treat. Enjoy!
Scouter Dave
Scouter Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #5

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjie s. View Post
Hi,
A few questions for anything familiar with Quebec City, as we will be heading there in a couple of weeks (Can't Wait!!).
What is the best and closest camping to the city?
How about dog kennels nearby?
We will probably spend most of our time in the old city, but want to also check out the surrounding areas if time allows. Thanks for your help,
Marjie
wow,,,i should be able to help you with this,,,as i have been in the doghouse all acrossed canada and the united states,,, but sadly have missed quebec.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:00 PM   #6

Name: Bonnie and Claude
Trailer: N/A
Ontario
Registry
By now you've probably already had your vacation but in case others are planning a similar trip, thought I'd share belatedly. We were in Saints-Anges-de-Beauce with our Boler (a wee bit further afield on the Levis side of the river) this summer but lived in the Quebec City area for many years and still have close ties there. Camping Transit in Saint-Joseph-de-la-Pointe-de-Lévy, (418-838-0948) is just under 13 km from the Levis Ferry but it's actually about a 15 minute drive; site costs range from $34.99 to $54.99 night depending on the services you require--the most costly being with water, sewage, and 50 amp electrical service--and there isn't much shade and sites towards the back are subject to noise from the highway. Website is Accueil - Camping Transit, Lévis - QC The last ferry back from Quebec is 07:30--the crossing takes about 10 minutes. Parking near the ferry terminal is difficult as space is limited (we parked near the Levis ferry terminal in August 2012). Other sites would pose similar challenges. Folks just planning a quick one night stop-over may want to check out the Wal-Mart stores nearest to the Old City to see if they can stay in the parking lot. Hope whatever campground you selected that you enjoyed the city!
Bonnie n Claude is offline   Reply With Quote