One last hurrah! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2015, 02:52 PM   #1
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
One last hurrah!

Had the Parkliner in the barn, cushions out, anode rod pulled, all foodstuffs and spices stored in the house, when I ran out of daylight and decided I would put the antifreeze in the next day. That night the weather forecast boasted of unseasonably warm temperatures both day and night. Opportunity knocks!
Three days later here we are
Frontenac State Park high up on the bluffs overlooking Lake Peppin
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:20 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Nice.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:45 PM   #3

Name: Rich & Linda
Trailer: Amerigo
Indiana
sweet
MRClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 04:10 PM   #4

Name: Clayton
Trailer: 1975 Trillium
Alberta
Registry
That is awesome! I did the exact same thing last weekend. There is snow in the weather forecast for here this weekend.
Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 04:27 PM   #5

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
I'm right with you....we, too, took one last hurrah last weekend. Went for a circle tour along New Brunswick's coastline between Saint John and the Maine border. Absolutely gorgeous autumn weather, beautiful colours and sweet memories.

Priceless....
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 06:49 PM   #6

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
LOL did the same myself last week..... back to square one of cleaning it out & winterizing it again this week.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 06:57 PM   #7

Name: Emily
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16
Colorado
Registry
So lovely! Wish we had been able to do the same!
emij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:00 PM   #8

Name: Rich
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13D
Minnesota
When the voice beckons, listen and respond.

Hope to get to Frontenac this next season. Last week we did Nerstrand Big Woods State Park. The leaves were incredible!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0740.jpg  
Rich G. and Val F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:52 AM   #9

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Wish we could have done the same. Awoke Sunday morning to half and inch of snow covering everything and a temp of 21 F. Guess I'll just leave the anti-freeze in til spring.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:43 AM   #10

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB, 2004
Quebec
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich G. and Val F. View Post
When the voice beckons, listen and respond.

Hope to get to Frontenac this next season. Last week we did Nerstrand Big Woods State Park. The leaves were incredible!
On your picture, is it a shelter "Clam Quick-Set" you own?
If so, you can give me your apreciation?

Merci,
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:31 PM   #11

Name: Rich
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13D
Minnesota
Yes, it is a Clam. It worked very well during this camping season. It takes only a few minutes to set up and take down. It is much easier than most tents or sun shades. When folded it is over 5 feet long, so that can be a problem for storage in some people's tow vehicle. It keeps the insects out while still allowing a breeze to cool you while sitting outdoors.

Last week it was used in 35 mph (56.3kph?) sustained winds with gusts to 55mph (88.5kph?). The internal stakes held it down just fine. We also use the optional privacy panels from time to time on this shelter. I highly recommend the product (I have no connections to the company) as a rather expensive but exceptionally well built camping shelter.
Rich G. and Val F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:32 PM   #12

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB, 2004
Quebec
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich G. and Val F. View Post
Yes, it is a Clam.

I highly recommend the product (I have no connections to the company) as a rather expensive but exceptionally well built camping shelter.
Thank you, I have a link with society and Clam with their depository located in Plattsburg,
I watch the right time, the price in special, to cross the border and we go buy one ...
Here in Quebec province, the stores have only Clam fishing shelters on the ice .
To be continued...

Merci,
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 06:20 PM   #13

Name: John
Trailer: 2000 16ft Scamp
Minnesota
Sid,
We were at Frontenac about a month ago. Beautiful park, saw a monster whitetail laying under the apple tree just across the road from the electric sights. Saw many other deer and turkeys too. I am going to do some solo runs next year, my lovely wife will not go after September. We have a Clam as well, love it.
John
crowwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 06:33 PM   #14
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
The weather and the leaves have been awesome! This morning we hiked the upper and the lower bluffs. We spent the afternoon snoozing in the sun on Sandpoint. Tomorrow brings rain but we will spend the day visiting the many antique shops in the small towns around us.
We also have the clam, ours is a smaller version called the Traveler...perfect for two people.
Btw .... Cruising through Old Frontenac we spotted a Scamp that looked like it had not been moved in a few years. It was a 13 footer with an awning and air conditioner. Just a hunch, if a person were to knock on the door....

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 09:56 AM   #15

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I was supposed to go camping this weekend, but still getting over the latest cold/virus at work.... so winterized my ParkLiner yesterday because temps are getting too close to freezing. Sigh....can't wait till spring.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 03:28 PM   #16

Name: Anne
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner 2016 Honda Pilot
North Carolina
Sid, you set a good example. We still have a bit of time here in NC, so we hope to get one (or maybe two) last trip(s) in before winterizing. The colors are muted, but the temps are also! -- Anne
neparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 03:39 PM   #17

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
Sid, I went out with "Folly" to an agility trial this weekend. I find with the early darkness it is harder with the dogs. In nice weather we can be outside most of the time until almost bedtime but with the days getting shorter we had to be in fairly early. What a great summer I have had with my little trailer. Still wondering if I can get in another trip...
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:06 PM   #18

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
Had the Parkliner in the barn, cushions out, anode rod pulled, all foodstuffs and spices stored in the house, when I ran out of daylight and decided I would put the antifreeze in the next day. That night the weather forecast boasted of unseasonably warm temperatures both day and night. Opportunity knocks!
Three days later here we are
Frontenac State Park high up on the bluffs overlooking Lake Peppin
Sid, this place looks nice. I will have to keep it in mind for future travel. On the map it looks like the river must be close to 2 miles across at that area; is there a dam downstream? What is the "5 Mile Bluff" natural area I see nearby? How high above the water were you situated in the campground?
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:07 PM   #19

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
I was supposed to go camping this weekend, but still getting over the latest cold/virus at work.... so winterized my ParkLiner yesterday because temps are getting too close to freezing. Sigh....can't wait till spring.
Deryk, did you take your PL off the market, or are you still watching for a buyer?
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:15 PM   #20

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Nice Sid!

Enjoy.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote