Our First Camp with Scamp! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2008, 04:20 PM   #1

Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13 ft
Friday finally came, I got off work a couple of hours early and we hit the road. Kastle Kampground is in Marion, WI and we picked this campground because it is pretty close to equal distance from my parents. We headed east about 2.5 hours and my parents came about 2.5 hours south and a little west.

Kastle Kampground is the biggest campground I have ever seen or been to. There are just over 800 campsites and nearly 600 are permanent. It is open year round. There is nearly every kind of site you can get, full sun, full shade, big, small. The facilities (showers, bathroom, etc.) are not the best we have seen but they are passing. The owners were onsite and pleasant to work with. My brother, his wife and their 4 kids came in pretty late Friday night and there was no problems settling up the extra charges the following day.

Here we are pulling in, we had Site 60, a small non-permanent site loop close to the office and pool, hot tub and showers. Nice shade but the shade came from some pretty sappy pines:

Click image for larger version

Name:	PullingIn.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	15605

Another shot after we are pulled in, my parents tent camper in the background:

Name:	PulledIn.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	15606

Our campsite from the road. None of the non-permanent campsites around us got booked, so we had the entire corner of the inside loop to ourselves. And some very friendly permanent site folks on the outside of the loop.

Name:	Campsite.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	15607

Saturday for lunch, we broke in our new dutch oven. We have a very small round charcoal grill that we use when camping. The dutch oven fits perfectly inside:

Name:	DutchOvenOutside.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	15608

Sherry wasn't real sure about the whole dutch oven thing, but her stuffed peppers turned out awesome! We also roasted some corn on the other charcoal grill and campfire. Reached post limit, pictures and post will continue....
Lars H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:38 PM   #2

Here is the picture of the dutch oven stuffed peppers:

Name:	DutchOvenInside.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	15609

We also took a drive around the campground on Saturday. Some of the permanent sites have pretty extravagent setups and landscaping. Some are creative and fun, others are kinda fancy. Here is a creative and fun one! A castle with a drawbridge:

Name:	CastleCampsite.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	15610

Sherry and Lauren braved the pool on Friday. It was a pretty cool weekend. If it reached 70 degrees it was not by much and there always seemed to be a cool breeze:

Name:	LaurenSherryPool.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	15611

Finally, it was a time to go, it seemed too short! Here are Sherry, Lauren and I just before hitching up and heading home:

Name:	MeSherryLauren.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	15612

We had an awesome time and can't wait for next time.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:34 PM   #3

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
It's always great to have a fantastic first outing.

When is the next?
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:46 PM   #4

Quote:
It's always great to have a fantastic first outing.

When is the next?
Lanesburo Eggfest! Less than 2 weeks away.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:12 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Thanks for sharing the experience and pictures! Some of us camp vicariously. I'm not going to show the pictures to my daughter however... she'd see the pool and instantly want to camp there

Keep those memories coming!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Thanks for sharing the experience and pictures! Some of us camp vicariously. I'm not going to show the pictures to my daughter however... she'd see the pool and instantly want to camp there

Keep those memories coming!
Our daughter would live in the pool if it was possible It really was not warm enough for swimming but that hardly matters to her, I kept an eye out for blue lips as I only braved the nearby hot tub. We try to camp at campgrounds with swimming, pool or lake or river - any body of water. Mostly pools though.

Tags
scamp