Our First "Real" Camping Trip with our Casita! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2016, 05:29 PM   #21

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Dave,

True!

I can't believe how much I have learned since September, '14 when I first got the bug, then it really picked up after August, '15 when I discovered FG egg campers and decided that would be a great way to break into RVing earlier rather than later.

The learning curve continues!

Take care,

Dean
Old 04-23-2016, 06:51 PM   #22

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
Hi Dean,

Great report! I would guess that on your first long trip you packed more stuff than the necessary minimum. I am talking from experience of someone who never towed a camper until three years ago. On our first few trips I brought along a number of items that I am now comfortable leaving behind. I am working on the mental lists every time we pack. It's about what you need, and not more.

It sounds you had a great time, and that is what counts most!

Happy travels!
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:03 PM   #23

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi Paul,

Thanks! We did well not packing too many clothes. Laura and I are keeping our rear dinette set up as a permanent bed, so that creates great storage space underneath. We each have long shallow hefty containers that we are using for our clothes. Pack it and slide it under the bed. Works great. We took more food than we needed even though we only ate out once. I need to figure out how many tools, hoses, coolers, extra hoses, extensions cords, etc. to take or leave at home.

Our next four day trip is coming up. I will get my chance to be more efficient with the packing!

Take care,

Dean
Old 04-25-2016, 05:13 AM   #24

Trailer: Casita Patriot
Registry
Quote:
I like your phrase. Much of what I do at work in my professional life is thinking about or anticipating what might happen. Camping is so nice in terms slowing down time and activities and emphasizing the moment.
looking back i realize that camping was great preparation for retirement. these days i can't be bothered with what might happen no matter where i am or what i'm doing... i think we used to call that being "laid back".

p@
patrick crawford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita