Our SoCal Safari Starts! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2006, 10:41 AM   #21

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1973
Thanks, Nancy. It's been an adventure! We had a great two days in San Antonio, and moved back to Goose Island SP in TX for our last five days of leisure before hitting the roads home. Goose Island is beautiful...we're camped on the waterfront with the Gulf about eight feet from our door. Warm and windy, and a nearly deserted park as the "winter Texans" have all headed north. Should be back in Canada on the 11th. Bye for now...Alistair
Alistair Camelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 03:52 PM   #22

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Great trip report! Keep it coming!
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:25 PM   #23

We're baaaack! 14500 km and 67 days and me and the navigator are still on speaking terms...even planning our next gig! Left Goose early when the wind picked up , and "stste parked" our way through north east Texas. Stopped in Hot Springs Arkansa at a KOA and went to to the Baths and "took the waters"- quite a retro experience! Got to Hurricane Mills Tennessee a day after the tornadoes had passed through and stayed at our old standby, the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington... truly a gem of a park. Other than entering Canada via the 18 wheeler lane at Customs(sorry officer :-( ---but we were allowed in OK ). Easter with family in Windsor and home on Monday, and then start the photo album. Enjoyed sharing my ramblings...Till next trip, HAPPY TRAILS, Alistair
Old 04-12-2006, 09:31 AM   #24

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Stopped in Hot Springs Arkansa at a KOA and went to to the Baths and "took the waters"- quite a retro experience!
Very "kewl", er, HOT! I have family there, and this time of year would be the time to go.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:20 PM   #25

Trailer: 81 Trillium 5500 (Pearl)
Glad to have you back. We will need to get together and help you plan your next trip.

Kathy & Doug
Kathy & Doug Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:44 AM   #26

Hi Kathy, good to hear from you! You bet we are ready for YOUR next safari...you always come up with the neatest destinations. Just let us know time and place.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:36 PM   #27

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
67 days! Ye Ha! I enjoyed reading your posts. It isn't often we can travel from our laptops!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:15 AM   #28

Thanks, Gina. Sorry we didn't get a chance to connect in Cal. Excellent trip. Gotta do another go round in a few years to hit the middle of the desert and Sierras. We were just too early to venture into Bryce and Moab. Biggest disappointment was getting snowed out (in?) on the Grand Canyoun . BUT...I'm going back in August with my two sons-in-law to raft the Colorado for three days. Fly in and 'copter to the rafts and float/ white water for three days. (male bonding...its my 65th, Brian's 50th, and Chris'40th...seemed like a significant event and worth celebrating.) We're flying this time...no Trillium Trip.
I'll wrap up this thread when I get back to the "home 20 " and post my 10 best list. TTFN Alistair.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:49 PM   #29

Trailer: 1968 Venture (Molded Fiberglass 19 ft Class A Motorhome) and 82 TranStar B+
Send a message via AIM to Penny Taylor Send a message via Yahoo to Penny Taylor
<TTFN Alistair.>
I didn't know anyone still used the old Jimmy Handley ( if my old memory serves me, he started it) expression, "Ta Ta, For Now" !!
I immigrated here to the US, from England, 42 years ago, and I didn't know that expression was still around. It was great to see it again. Love your travelogues, keep them coming. Happy trails, Penny
Penny Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote