Photos of Fishing Bridge CG, Yellowstone - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-14-2006, 04:33 PM   #15

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
AUGH!!! They really cram them in there!!!

I think I'd prefer to stay in the other park campgrounds and use my generator. I realize you don't have that option, so in your shoes I'd also stay in the Fishing Bridge site.

How much do they charge to dump your tanks? In two years, our plan is to drive out to Yellowstone and spend a few nights in the trailer and a few nights in one or more of the lodges.

Old 08-23-2006, 02:27 PM   #16

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Quote:
AUGH!!! They really cram them in there!!!

I think I'd prefer to stay in the other park campgrounds and use my generator. I realize you don't have that option, so in your shoes I'd also stay in the Fishing Bridge site.

How much do they charge to dump your tanks? In two years, our plan is to drive out to Yellowstone and spend a few nights in the trailer and a few nights in one or more of the lodges.
I'm sorry but I don't know about the tank dumping charges. The area was just off to the right as you leave the RV park. I didn't notice any signs about charges. Also, they have a generator rule in Yellowstone... you can't use one between 8 p.m. and 8 a.m.

Kevin

Old 08-23-2006, 03:56 PM   #17

That's fine. I don't use mine during quiet hours anyway. Only during the day. Most parks and National Forests have a quiet hours rule. No big deal. I like it to be quiet at night and in the morning.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:16 PM   #18

Name: William
Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Florida
We went to Yellowstone a couple of weeks ago and as you meet campers along the way they give you all sorts of reports. The fishing stopped years ago because of abuse by those fishing was the report by the rangers on the no fishing signs. The whole of Yellowstones roads are basically shaped in a figure 8 and Fishing Bridge is very popular because it is in the middle of Yellowstones travel routes. Some of the campgrounds in there take reservations from a contracted company but also take walk ins if there are any openings. We went in the North entrance and stayed at Mamouth Hot springs which is a national campground with first serve and actually not bad at all. It had water in strategic points and electric at each site and a dump station, so fill your fresh water tank. we stayed there the first 2 nights and did the upper loop, we then made reservations and moved on to Grant Village and did the bottom loop. Grant village was also a nice campground with the sam ammenities and altho we had reservations they do take walk ins if sites are available. Yellowstone is a place that nobody should miss as it has so much to offer. We screwed up and did not take the Beartooth highway either going in or coming out and I may have to go back for that. It is Route 212 starting at Red Lodge Montana and going into Yellowstone and take you to the Cannon Village area. There is so much to see there that you could spend a month there and still miss something
Old 08-28-2006, 08:35 AM   #19

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
Could not resist posting this picture of our trip when we were leaving Fishing Bridge at Yellowstone.

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
Burro_by_Lake.jpg  
Old 08-28-2006, 08:21 PM   #20

Quote:
Could not resist posting this picture of our trip when we were leaving Fishing Bridge at Yellowstone.

CindyL
Woo HOO! Cool Burro!
Old 09-21-2006, 08:43 PM   #21

Name: Vic
Trailer: Fiber Stream 1982 16 ft
Alberta
Registry
Yes, it is crowded, but we spent most of each day out and about, and found our neighbours were great. Here are a couple of photos of the RV park. The first two are of a small bison herd that came into A loop, and the last one if the next morning's snow crust!

Click image for larger version

Name:	060916_Fishing__Bridge_RV_01.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	4956

Name:	060916_Fishing__Bridge_RV_02.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	4957

Name:	060917_Fishing__Bridge_RV_01.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	4958
Old 09-26-2006, 09:39 AM   #22

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Thier "Tank" doesn't look too hard to empty

As much as I lust after a BF 17, and I WILL get one, dangit, I don't revel in the thought of tank dumping.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:11 AM   #23

Trailer: Bigfoot
Quote:
Thier "Tank" doesn't look too hard to empty

As much as I lust after a BF 17, and I WILL get one, dangit, I don't revel in the thought of tank dumping.

hey don't worry about it. I had the same concerns when we got our BF 25'. It turns out that dumping isn't that bad at all. Everything is in the hose. If you do black first then gray water the worst that happens is an occasional bad smell.