Photos of Fishing Bridge CG, Yellowstone - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-14-2006, 01:58 PM   #1
Member
 
Trailer: Bigfoot
Posts: 59
Does anyone have photgraphs of the Fishing Bridge RV Park in Yellowstone NP? The reviews we've read are all over the board from wonderful to awful.

Ron and Sandy
__________________

__________________
R&SGove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:47 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1985 17 ft Burro
Posts: 134
We stayed there 4 years ago with a motorhome...this was pre-Burro. Not sure that we took any pictures of the site because it was not very pretty. The main point of staying there was not the campground but actually staying IN Yellowstone. The first night we stayed in a campground just South of Yellowstone and North of the Tetons. We were miserable. The next night, we were lucky enough to get a spot at Fishing Bridge (which had laundry facilities) but it is not our typical camping experience. Very close to neighbors...the awning of large camper next to us was actually almost touching our camper...no fires....no place to sit around after nightfall.

For us, Yellowstone was awesome as long as we kept moving. There is so much to see at Yelowstone that camping inside the park was more a convenience...not a destination.
__________________

__________________
D Shubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:09 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Byron Kinnaman's Avatar
 
Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Posts: 6,309
Registry
We stayed at Norris a few years ago. That was sans Scamp. It was quite pretty there. If it was me I'd call the park's resevation system, not the people that run Fishing Bridge RV park.
__________________
Byron & Anne enjoying the everyday Saturday thing.
Byron Kinnaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:37 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Byron Kinnaman's Avatar
 
Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Posts: 6,309
Registry
From looking at the Yellowstone Park web site it looks like several of the park campgounds have room for a small trailer. That is if you think you can manage without hookups. I checked the price at Fishing Bridge RV, $34.00/per night plus tax. Seems a bit more than I'd want to pay.
__________________
Byron & Anne enjoying the everyday Saturday thing.
Byron Kinnaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 05:24 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
Posts: 568
Did any one notice the sign on fishing bridge that reads..."No Fishing"......? Benny
__________________
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:28 PM   #6
Member
 
ERIC B.'s Avatar
 
Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer 13 ft / 2005 Honda Element
Posts: 91
Post

Hello there.

I stayed in Yellowstone NP for 5 days last summer. First night at Fishing Bridge for $35/night (I got in to the park late and took the first site I found). Unless you need the hookups....don't do it. Like others said, the rigs are packed together with no space to hang out after dark by a fire or just to chat. I recommend Grant Village at the south end or Canyon Village at the E/NE part of the park. Both have showers and laundry facilities nearby but they cost only $18/night (2005 prices). Check-out time is 10:00 so find your site shortly therafter.....they fill up fast! Check with Xanterra Parks and Recreation (the concessionaire that runs the campgrounds at many national parks). Also, both have firepits and picnic tables for mealtime and lounging after seeing the sights during the day. And if you like architecture (or Parkitecture in this case) make sure and check out Old Faithfull Inn. It is still being renovated (until sometime 2007), but is still awe inspiring!

If you have any more question about the park you can ask here or PM me. I love YNP and plan to go back!
__________________
ERIC B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 10:06 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
BOBSMITH's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Posts: 729
Aren't there plenty of no-frills campgrounds in Yellowstone? We have a generator and our Casita has a shower/bath, so we can go boondocking in comfort. If the Fishing Village campground is so bad, why bother when there are other options?
__________________
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 07:33 PM   #8
Member
 
Trailer: Bigfoot
Posts: 59
Thanks for all the information. We probably will end up at Yellowstone Grizzly RV Park. that seems to be highly rated. We aren't heading out west until 2007 anyway. Nothing like planning ahead, hey.

Ron & Sandy
__________________
R&SGove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:23 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Jay Herb's Avatar
 
Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Posts: 108
WE have been to Yellowstone three times and stay in the dry campgrounds for about 4 days than go to Fishing-bridge CG and that way we empty the tanks ,charge the battery and do laundry. It's not that bad as you are out early to see the park than back late for some dinner and a shower. When you stay in the park you see more wildlife and have the feel of the park with out driving all the way back to West Yellowstone.
WE love Yellowstone and the Tetons and will always stay in the parks.
__________________
Jay Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:50 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Posts: 1,115
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Quote:
WE have been to Yellowstone three times and stay in the dry campgrounds for about 4 days than go to Fishing-bridge CG and that way we empty the tanks ,charge the battery and do laundry. It's not that bad as you are out early to see the park than back late for some dinner and a shower. When you stay in the park you see more wildlife and have the feel of the park with out driving all the way back to West Yellowstone.
WE love Yellowstone and the Tetons and will always stay in the parks.
We just returned from Yellowstone and stayed at the Fishing Bridge RV Park for 4 nights. Yes, there were a lot of big rigs, but even though the park sign said "Full", no one ever parked in the spot to our left or the spot behind us. We appreciated the full-time electricity for the fridge and the other electrical applicances. The parks in Yellowstone have a generator time cut-off of 8 p.m., so this would have cramped our late night movie watching. (We don't have an on-board battery system.) The fee was about $36 a night, which was less than half of the cost of a motel in West Yellowstone and much cheaper than a night at the lodges (which were full). The laundry and showers were available, but we didn't use them, preferring to wash clothes in Worland on the way home. We "showered" in the restroom and in the Burro (washing hair and other places). If you want more primitive sites, there are plenty. We wanted the electrical and water hookups. Plenty of room... no bother from neighbors other than their hulking beasts sitting around us. And yes, we saw wildlife... a snowshoe rabbit was really interesting and the buffalo were all around the bridge one morning (where you can't fish!).

Kevin
__________________
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:55 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Posts: 1,115
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Quote:
We just returned from Yellowstone and stayed at the Fishing Bridge RV Park for 4 nights. Yes, there were a lot of big rigs, but even though the park sign said "Full", no one ever parked in the spot to our left or the spot behind us. We appreciated the full-time electricity for the fridge and the other electrical applicances. The parks in Yellowstone have a generator time cut-off of 8 p.m., so this would have cramped our late night movie watching. (We don't have an on-board battery system.) The fee was about $36 a night, which was less than half of the cost of a motel in West Yellowstone and much cheaper than a night at the lodges (which were full). The laundry and showers were available, but we didn't use them, preferring to wash clothes in Worland on the way home. We "showered" in the restroom and in the Burro (washing hair and other places). If you want more primitive sites, there are plenty. We wanted the electrical and water hookups. Plenty of room... no bother from neighbors other than their hulking beasts sitting around us. And yes, we saw wildlife... a snowshoe rabbit was really interesting and the buffalo were all around the bridge one morning (where you can't fish!).

Kevin
I forgot to add the pictures. Here is one photo
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00383.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	4363
of our campsite.
__________________
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:57 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Posts: 1,115
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Here is another one that doesn't look quite so cramped. We actually weren't as close to the other rigs as the pictures look.


Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00384.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	4364
__________________
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:31 AM   #13
Member
 
Trailer: Bigfoot
Posts: 59
Quote:
Here is another one that doesn't look quite so cramped. We actually weren't as close to the other rigs as the pictures look.
Looks crowded to me!!
__________________
R&SGove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:00 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Posts: 1,115
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Quote:
Looks crowded to me!!
I'm sure it seems crowded to the big rigs, but we were just fine in our little Burro. The sites are grouped back to back, so a really big motorhome can make you feel small. Like I said earlier, though, no one parked to our back left or immediate left, so we had open spaces.

Kevin
__________________

__________________
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Last Original Bridge Chester Taje General Chat 12 08-18-2009 01:01 PM
Bridge open! Penney H. & Mike E. General Chat 1 06-04-2009 01:42 PM
Hood Canal Bridge to be closed for 6 to 8 weeks, stasrting May 1, 2009 Mike Price General Chat 5 03-20-2009 07:27 PM
Minneapolis Bridge collapse Kristen Beck General Chat 3 08-02-2007 04:24 PM
The Biker and The Bridge Rick Jokes, Stories & Tall Tales 3 03-09-2006 12:11 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.