Picts of Lakes Region Of Maine - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2007, 07:12 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g108/can...20Maine%20Trip/

Above is a link to some of the Pictures we took on our campground appraisal to the Lake Region of Maine.
Although not our profession we would like all to know our opinion on them.

Rangely Lake State Park is the most AWSOME campground I have ever been to. $10 residents or $14 for non-residents a night - no elect or power but hot water free showers and clean, lit restrooms. Every site level / picknick area / mariena and Clean

South Arm has Electrical issues this late in the season (tend to turn it on and off when they want) and bathroom is clean but is in need of some sort of lights when they shut the power off. priced from $24 for tent sites to $36 for beach sites or $29 water sites.

Umbagog Lake State Park in New Hampshire, will not go there again, out of the 50 sites only saw 2 that were worth the $24 they would get and none of the so called beach sights for $29 were that great and has issue with filth as house flies were all around... Floor in the restrooms were all but rotted though. NOT GOOD

Gerry the Canoebuilder
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 03:14 PM   #2

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Nice photos! I'll have to make a note of that park. My wife and I love New England and hope to get our Casita up there in a couple of years (we usually fly up and rent a car).

I took this shot in Tuckerman Ravine on my hike to the summit of Mount Washington in August.
Attached Thumbnails
Presidentials009.jpg  
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:43 AM   #3

Trailer: 1976 13 ft Boler and 1980 Trillium 5500
Thanks Gerry - I look forward to getting up there some day. South Arm looks great - what site is that? And by the way... nice canoe!! Alec
Al Stansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 04:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Thanks Gerry - I look forward to getting up there some day. South Arm looks great - what site is that? And by the way... nice canoe!! Alec

Thanks Alec.
The canoe is a second and can be had for $600

This site was #23 and on the beach, $36 a night, this time of year it was great but I imagine in the heat of the summer it would be noisy and busy with kids.
The campground host told me that they are takeing reservations now for next year and late June, July and August is filling up fast.
50% of all sites are on the water and others are just across the road.
Gerry the canoebuiler
Old 10-02-2007, 05:23 PM   #5

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Thats odd they're taking reservations now, I just got off the Maine state park site and it said no reservation till Feb 1st, wonder whats up
Old 10-03-2007, 03:18 AM   #6

Quote:
Thats odd they're taking reservations now, I just got off the Maine state park site and it said no reservation till Feb 1st, wonder whats up
Bill this is not a state run but a private campground.
Here is just one link I found on a google search for South Arm campground, Maine,
http://www.campmaine.com/member/2130...rm_campground/
Do not try and call the # as I have never had any luck doin so as they only have a recorded message saying the only contact thay have is IP service and refer you to a web site.
I you do come to the area let me know and maybe we can hook up for a bit of R&R
Gerry the canoebuilder
Old 10-03-2007, 12:14 PM   #7

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Coos Canyon looks like our kind of place. Thanks for the pictures. I'll have to do a net search for Coos Canyon.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Coos Canyon looks like our kind of place. Thanks for the pictures. I'll have to do a net search for Coos Canyon.

Nancy
Maine and New Hampshire are full of places like this, one just has to know where they are.
We saw and even more spactacular place then this but failed to bring our camera that day and because it was not really on our trip but 7 miles out and 1/2 mile up a trail we didn't go back to get photos.
We have found alot of fantastic places right in our own back yard after joining Geocaching.com
Check it out it is a blast.
Gerry the canoebuilder