Rasar State Park, Washington - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #1

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Rasar State Park, Washington

This report is a bit late but I wanted to try out the new ipad app.

We did a corgi campout at Rasar in July, 2010. This is a beautifully wooded park on the Skagit river near Burlington, so not a long drive from Seattle, and no ferry from Whidbey. Sites are mixed, some with hookups, some without, some doubles, and some more private than others. Lots of pull through sites and also back in sites. Things to do: hike to the river (not far, several trails, one ADA.) River was fast so not really for recreation as in swimming (cold as ice) but there were some shallows kids could play in and a sandy beach.

The park was somewhere near a shooting range or someone doing target practice at home, that was a downside for me, don't know how often that happens.

Here are a few photos. Edit.. no photos, I get an error message "cannot allocate memory." Is it me or is it the site? Photos are large, maybe it doesn't make them smaller? I'll go add them on the regular site.

Bobbie
Attached Thumbnails
Rasar campster 2.jpg   Rasar jamies boler.jpg  

rasar scamp.jpg   Rasar river.jpg  

Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:33 AM   #2

Registry
A couple more...
Attached Thumbnails
rasar woods.jpg   Rasar- campster.jpg  

Old 02-06-2011, 09:36 PM   #3

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
What a great looking campground. Nice woods and water.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:26 PM   #4

Registry
I got a little resizing app and at 640-480 it worked. Not bad, one extra step.
Attached Thumbnails
image-81287501.jpg  
Old 02-11-2011, 12:21 AM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
Thumbs up Rasar State Park / Nice job on Trailswest

Nice photos, Bobbie. Rasar looks like a good place, especially in NW Washington.

Your Trailswest looks great; I remember seeing it the first summer after you got it. It looked like it needed some TLC back then. You've done a great job on it!

The wheels under the Corgi: Did you rig that up yourself, or get it somewhere? My 15 year old Doxie could benefit from something like that.
A Doggie trailer...

Fran
74 Compact II
francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:25 AM   #6

Registry
Rasar is as close to you as to me; I think the summer weekends do fill up fast, though. We booked for summer 2011 a few months ago for another corgi campout.

I haven't done much to the Campster, just Polyglo and paint inside and rearranging (and curtains). I don't remember what was done when you saw it.

The cart is from Pet MRC | Pet MRC Pet Wheelchairs Dog Carts | Handicapped Pets Mobility Aids | Disabled Pets on Whidbey (they aren't everywhere, we are just lucky to have a company close) and they make them for all size dogs. They used to have their own little Doxie running around the shop in a cart. They will do mail order (most of their business) but if you are close going there is better as they can make sure it fits right. Candy has been running around in a cart since 2004 when he ruptured a disk in his back so as a trailer driver he is a lot more experienced than some of us!
Old 02-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #7

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Rasar is also noted for large gatherings of bald eagles. Google "Rasar State Park"+"Eagles" and there will be plenty of reading.
Kent I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:30 PM   #8

Registry
We didn't see any bald eagles but I know at certain times of the year the Skagit river is one of their feeding grounds.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #9

Registry
Thanks for the info about reserving at Rasar, Bobbie. I'm out of NW Washington until September of this year, but I'll certainly make note to go there next year, or maybe in late fall.

When I saw your Trailer I think you hadn't had it for long, and you were pointing out all the things that needed attention. It looks cleaned up now, as far as I can tell from the photos. The Polyglo made a big difference.

Thanks for the doggie wheels information. Right now, mine doesn't want to walk much and I end up carrying him most of the way. But he still goes on his own somewhat.

Best,
Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer View Post
Rasar is as close to you as to me; I think the summer weekends do fill up fast, though. We booked for summer 2011 a few months ago for another corgi campout.

I haven't done much to the Campster, just Polyglo and paint inside and rearranging (and curtains). I don't remember what was done when you saw it.

The cart is from Pet MRC | Pet MRC Pet Wheelchairs Dog Carts | Handicapped Pets Mobility Aids | Disabled Pets on Whidbey (they aren't everywhere, we are just lucky to have a company close) and they make them for all size dogs. They used to have their own little Doxie running around the shop in a cart. They will do mail order (most of their business) but if you are close going there is better as they can make sure it fits right. Candy has been running around in a cart since 2004 when he ruptured a disk in his back so as a trailer driver he is a lot more experienced than some of us!
Old 02-12-2011, 02:53 PM   #10

Registry
They go to no reservations in October, btw.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:06 PM   #11

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer View Post
They go to no reservations in October, btw.
Thanks, Bobbie, that's good to know. The sites with hook-ups probably go first, I'd guess. I'll check out the park's website.

Fran